BOTM 4/11: The 2010 BTAC

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I purchased the entire BTAC '10 collection last year, including as many multiples of Saz 18 and Stagg that I could find...and grapped a Pappy 15 on the same day, for good measure. :cool:

I think I'm odd because while I adore Pappy 15 and wheat whiskey in general, the WLW has always been so hot and over the top that I just can't dig it. I know that sounds odd, but it's not enjoyable for me to drink purely from a heat perspective. WLW is a 6/10 at best.

Saz 18 - I think it's one of the best whiskies in the world, but the '09 is even better...it's the same stuff sitting in metal at this point, so I think it's safe that each year release will get a little worse and worse due to oxidation and not being a new distillate. Still a top 5 rye for me though. 8.5/10

Handy - I liked the '09 better, but whatever....it's still magnificent. It's got a lot of all spice, clove, honey, and a bit of leather. 9/10

Stagg - Best whiskey in the world for me, but I can only drink it once in awhile, cuz it's just so.....BIG. Big flavors. Bold nose. Huge aftertaste. It's a 2oz meal of bourbon. 10/10

ER17 - Womp womp :( It's thin, it's boring, and Eagle 10 is pretty much the same product from a flavor perspective. I will never buy ER17 again, and I only bought 1 of it....very plain whiskey, in no way worth the $. 4/10

I think, for me, from now I'm just going to buy Stagg, (as many as possible!) Handy and 1 bottle of the Saz 18 to see how it's aging...but when the Saz 18 becomes actual BT juice on a new product, I'll probably try to get a case a year.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone compared the 2008 Saz18 to the 2010? I found a store that has both and I was trying to decide which to buy. I'm leaning towards the 08 as it's spent less time in steel, but I wanted to get some wisdom from the crowd.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.