Ten Point WhiteTail Buck Brand Caramel Flavored Whiskey

bourbonbasement
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Ok, so I was at the liquor store with a buddy buying some wine for our respective wives when my friend speaks up and says, "Hey don't you talk about bourbon on the internet, or something?" and he pointed at a counter display of Whitetail Whiskey.

It was $1.75 for a 100ml bottle, and I'd never heard of it, so I thought wtf.

Fast forward to this evening when I actually tasted it and subsequently notice the "Caramel Flavored" wording lightly written above the word "Whiskey" on the label.

Ho-lee-crap. What are people thinking? This stuff is like caramel flavored ice cream topping fused with ethanol. Do they honestly think that this can pass as whiskey? Who is this supposed to be for? My wife? I can't imagine she (or anyone else I know) would enjoy this. I certainly did not.

If anyone can think of a good use for this (a sugary mixed drink for someone's snooty girlfriend, perhaps), let me know.

I saw this "whiskey" in a store and have waited to see the plethora of profane comments about the caramel flavoring. This is the first comment I've seen so far and I owe you for satisfying my curiosity and probably saving me a few bucks of research and development money. THANX!!

There was a thread on this when it first came out, but this may be the first actual tasting note. I don't think anyone expected great things.

• 2 weeks later...

So I threw some of this in a pot with a couple teaspoons of brown sugar and some honey, then boiled off a good portion of the alcohol. It actually makes a pretty decent pancake syrup. Toss some additional cheap whiskey into the broth for a little extra kick.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.