H. Upmann and Jefferson's Reserve

jeff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Tonight in the 47 degree evening I bundled up and went out back for an H. Upmann robusto and a Jefferson's Reserve. As I posted earlier I am enjoying the JR more than in recent tastings. The Upmann was a nice medium to full bodied smoke with hints of strong coffee. Actually turned my JR a bit harsher, though not unpleasantly so. The bourbon and the cigar did nothing to complement each other, they just did their own thing and did it well. The Upmann was a beautifully constructed cigar that burned even up to a 2 inch ash before falling away. Almost too effortless a draw as the smoke just kind of found its way into my mouth. There I was, cigar in one hand, bourbon in the other, staring up at the blinking lights of the passing airplanes, wondering where they were headed. While someone 25 thousand feet above me was wondering what was going on below them, and probably wanting a cigar smirk.gif

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Jeff I've only smoked a few H. Upmanns. One I really liked was called an Habanos 2000, even though it wasn't made in Cuba. The other Upmanns were not worth the price in my opinion as there are other cigars that I like much better. I would think that Jefferson's Reserve might benefit from something more along the lines of a Padron 5000 Maduro. I don't have enough experiance with Cuban sticks, but I can't imagine a mature bourbon that wouldn't pair well with a Montecristo. The extremely high price of Habanos puts them out of my league. - Linn

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.