Bourbon Royale

cas
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I had one of these at a restaurant in Durham, NC last night. Had never heard of it before. Bourbon and basil were the main ingredients, and it was slightly sweet. Very refreshing on a warm evening.

Craig

I had one of these at a restaurant in Durham, NC last night. Had never heard of it before. Bourbon and basil were the main ingredients, and it was slightly sweet. Very refreshing on a warm evening.

Craig

I love basil...pesto etc...so the basil plus bourbon combo is intriguing...

I may experiment this weekend with the combo and see what I can come up with. I couldn't find a recipe anywhere, so I emailed the restaurant and they indicated it was bourbon, sugar, ice and some raspberries and basil muddled in the glass. A lot like a mint julep, I suppose. The garden basil is looking very good so now is the time. If I can get past the mosquitoes.

Craig

Interesting concept..... I have bourbon, fresh basil and sugar. Used blueberries for the fruit. Not too bad. Probably need to mix and sample a few more just to make sure I got it right.

I love basil...pesto etc...so the basil plus bourbon combo is intriguing...

I love basil, pesto, etc., but for some reason this does not sound appealing to me at all. It doesn't sound nearly as refreshing as mint with bourbon (obviously as shown in a mint julep). With that said, I'll give it a try if someone comes up with a good recipe!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.