Old Joe Lighter

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

This is a picture someone shared with me. It's a cigarette lighter in the form of a miniature whiskey bottle. Seems like a natural premium idea for back in the day, but this is the first one I've ever seen. Anybody else ever seen one of these?

post-5-14489817488189_thumb.jpg

In my correspondence with the owner, he tells me he thinks it was a hand-made one-off, perhaps a prototype for something that was never mass-produced.

There was such a lighter in the U D Archive, but it was not Old Joe. I don't recall the brand for sure but It may have been Jim Beam. I believe the lighter came to the archive from a miniature collection purchased by the archive from a local collector.

Mike Veach

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I have an Ancient Age 1 pint bottle with a lighter on top. I filled it with fluid once and it still lit. I just wasn't sure how wise it was to have a lighter on top of a full bottle of whiskey. Open flame + flammable liquid = :bigeyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

post-535-1448981784967_thumb.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.