The New York Times article on rye whiskey

Shell
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Interesting. The bourbon article got almost everything right while the rye article got almost everything wrong.

If there's a topic that I know about and then the NY Times writes about it, I usually find that they have no idea what they are talking about.

Is it just me or does it feel like standard news publications have taken a shit in the past year or so?

The writer of the NYT bourbon article was very concerned about getting things right and called me several times to check facts and even how she presented them. She also is based in Louisville, so she has access to many authorities.

The rye article struck me as typical filler, dashed off by somebody who didn't really care.

If there's a topic that I know about and then the NY Times writes about it, I usually find that they have no idea what they are talking about.

I think the paper version is probably okay, but the online version is not (as is true with many publications, not just NYT).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.