Tequila Forum

Max Power

Just took advantage of the Hi-Time 10% sale thanks to heads up from our resident Tequila Tourist (http://tequilatourist.blogspot.com/). Not that I needed to spend a bunch of money on booze... but who am I kidding I was going to do it at some point anyway might as well take advantage of the awesome prices.

I selectively built my order up to like $1500 then had to slowly chip away at it, finally got it down to 9 bottles (7 tequilas) and 2 gift cards to use later.

Mostly stuff I hadn't bought before but I've heard good things and really wanted to try. Casa Noble anejo, Don Fernando anejo (came with an extra $10 coupon), Don Pilar anejo, Agave 99 anejo for super cheap, Oro Azul anejo, Siete Leguas anejo, and my favorite value blanco Herencia.

As you can see I'm an anejo fan. Would have gone for a few XA's but couldn't pull the trigger on the ones that caught my eye.

Just took advantage of the Hi-Time 10% sale thanks to heads up from our resident Tequila Tourist (http://tequilatourist.blogspot.com/). Not that I needed to spend a bunch of money on booze... but who am I kidding I was going to do it at some point anyway might as well take advantage of the awesome prices.

I selectively built my order up to like $1500 then had to slowly chip away at it, finally got it down to 9 bottles (7 tequilas) and 2 gift cards to use later.

Mostly stuff I hadn't bought before but I've heard good things and really wanted to try. Casa Noble anejo, Don Fernando anejo (came with an extra $10 coupon), Don Pilar anejo, Agave 99 anejo for super cheap, Oro Azul anejo, Siete Leguas anejo, and my favorite value blanco Herencia.

As you can see I'm an anejo fan. Would have gone for a few XA's but couldn't pull the trigger on the ones that caught my eye.

I did the same thing. I took 24 bottles down to 12 and feel like I accomplished something good. :)

That sale is the best.

Frida Kahlo Anejo from a sample bottle - it's pleasant enough but doesn't pop me like the Tonala did a few nights ago.

Not counting on pvw or anymore BTAC and it seems in fall and winter people tend to ignore the favorites of the warmer times of year like tequila and rum. Picked these up yesterday. The Tonala was marked down and I couldn't pass up the Corrido.

epusudam.jpg

Not counting on pvw or anymore BTAC and it seems in fall and winter people tend to ignore the favorites of the warmer times of year like tequila and rum. Picked these up yesterday. The Tonala was marked down and I couldn't pass up the Corrido.

epusudam.jpg

Couldn't agree more a those two are among my favorites.

epusudam.jpg

Corrido is a nice find. I know they're still out there, but just not anywhere online. I hosted an añejo tasting last night and Corrido was the biggest hit.

Scouted this one recently that's been on the shelf since '09 and I didn't want to leave it any longer.

qyrataje.jpg

So you're saying I should bunker the Corrido if I find it?

I would...provided it's not double the normal price. In fact....I did.

It's about ~$60 out the door here

Hah! Nice car shot!

That's what happens when your daughter has a class around the corner from your favorite store. And by "your" I mean "my."

That's what happens when your daughter has a class around the corner from your favorite store. And by "your" I mean "my."

Oh man... I think you just gave up a trick out of the whisky hunter's playbook - that's pure genius! I need to start having the kids' classes/sports/extracurriculars close to liquor stores!

;-)

Yeah, you do. I get a free hour to hunt and come home looking like father of the year. Win win. Get a lot if face time with store owner too.

How I wish I had bunkered some Corrido Anejo. I haven't come across any in the wild but would definitely snap them up at a reasonable price.

How I wish I had bunkered some Corrido Anejo. I haven't come across any in the wild but would definitely snap them up at a reasonable price.

Anything under $60 is a buy at this point. I have a feeling that in a couple of years, we'll see it more often in the $75-90 range for people who are buying on the secondary market.

All this Corrido talk made me go get the last anejo I knew of. $52 out the door. There's still a couple blancos big they're only a few bucks less, so I pass for now

Bought a bottle of Trader Joe's brand "Distinqt" Reposado. It's 100% agave and is from NOM 1107 (which makes other brands I'm not familiar with). I'm not great at tasting notes but I will say that it is very pleasant and very drinkable straight. A little more burn than I would like so it's not super smooth. But at about $20 I do like it quite a bit.

post-9105-14489819942089_thumb.jpg

Like a kid who just bought a candy store. Thanks to a certain generous tequila aficionado here for these. Look forward to getting some SBS's together.

Nice, let us know what you think.

Today I got another Tonala 4yr and Centinela anejo for decent prices.

Perhaps even more interestingly I found a corner store with a couple hundred different bottles. Some I knew others I hadn't heard of. Guy said he has someone bring them from Mexico. Here are the ones I took time to note, he had more than one version of most.

Ancestra

Concicas

El camichi

Bargia?

Amate

Arete

Mi Tierra

Caballo Moro

D'reyes

Herencia historico- first run I think

Mezcal de maestro original citrus

Sol Azul

Quistado mistado

Espolon

Acumbaro

Los azuelos

El trador

Don't recognize many but Sol Azul and of course Espolon are pretty common here. The Sol Azul blanco I got as a gift was pretty basic. Espolon is on of my favorite well priced mixing tequilas for blanco and reposados. They don't produce an anejo that I have seen.

Los Azuelos I see occasionally and it always seem to come in fancy painted bottles but I don't know much about the quality of the contents as I have never tried it.

Is "concicas" possibly Canicas? That one is positioned as a premium brand but I don't know much about it.

Perhaps even more interestingly I found a corner store with a couple hundred different bottles. Some I knew others I hadn't heard of. Guy said he has someone bring them from Mexico. Here are the ones I could see the labels, had more than one version of most.

Ancestra

Concicas

El camichi

Bargia?

Amate

Arete

Mi Tierra

Caballo Moro

D'reyes

Sol Azul

Quistado mistado

Espolon

Acumbaro

Los azuelos

El trador

Edited by tanstaafl2

Los Azuelos I see occasionally and it always seem to come in fancy painted bottles but I don't know much about the quality of the contents as I have never tried it.

I get the sense that Los Azuelos is more show than go with the Picasso paintings on the bottle but I haven't tried it myself.

Perhaps even more interestingly I found a corner store with a couple hundred different bottles. Some I knew others I hadn't heard of. Guy said he has someone bring them from Mexico. Here are the ones I took time to note, he had more than one version of most.

Ancestra

Concicas

El camichi

Bargia?

Amate

Arete

Mi Tierra

Caballo Moro

D'reyes

Sol Azul

Quistado mistado

Espolon

Acumbaro

Los azuelos

El trador

I get the sense that Los Azuelos is more show than go with the Picasso paintings on the bottle but I haven't tried it myself.