Sign in to follow this  
cbus

Sad day

cbus

Found this on youtube today. I was six years old when this happened.

callmeox

Thanks for posting those clips. The black and white newspaper photos definitely didn't do justice to what actually took place that day.

Bourbon Boiler

That's unbelievable. I was a senior in high school in Central Indiana when this happened, so I had no knowledge of it. :frown:

ILLfarmboy
That's unbelievable. I was a senior in high school in Central Indiana when this happened, so I had no knowledge of it. :frown:

I was about a decade out of High School, but I don't remember seeing footage of it. I guess I was too busy with other stuff.

Thanks for posting the vids, guys......

mosugoji64

I was 26 that year and in Central Indiana as well. Had no clue, either. I'm sure it was on the news, but I have no memory of it.

Thanks for sharing the videos. It looked like a literal lake of fire surrounding the distillery. I'm sure the whole thing was horrifying for those working at HH that day.

DBMaster

Gives me the shivers just thinking about it. I remember the news back in 1996 talking about burning whiskey flowing into creeks. I am very glad the company recovered from this unfortunate setback.