What's Cookin for Memorial Day 2012

cigarnv
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Gonna take another run at some ribs on the BGE with some Dizzy Pig Raging River rub.... direct low and slow at 200F. Corn, tomato's and possibly some slaw..... Like the ribs it is gonna be low and slow for me today!!!!! Fire up the cooker, have a few brews and a cigar are two....

Gonna take another run at some ribs on the BGE with some Dizzy Pig Raging River rub.... direct low and slow at 200F. Corn, tomato's and possibly some slaw..... Like the ribs it is gonna be low and slow for me today!!!!! Fire up the cooker, have a few brews and a cigar are two....

I smoked an 8-pound Pork butt for 8.5 hours with Pecan wood. It was fantastic. We are having left overs today..just as good the second day.

Homage to the Sampler BBQ Kings: Thad, Scott and Randy.:bowdown: :bowdown:

I've always loved grilling, and considered myself an expert: now I realize I was a novice. The smoked pork BBQ, boston butts I think??, the smoking trifecta smoked up at the Sampler was the best BBQ pork I've ever eaten, and I've eaten my fair share of barbecue thru the years. :grin:

I am now in the market for a smoker. Need to raise my game to the next level.

The photo/avatar is from Fresh Air BBQ in Jackson, Georgia. Fresh Air has been in business since 1929 and is widely considered the best BBQ joint in Ga.

Stopped in there yesterday on my way back from the Georgia coast. Brought back a lot of memories as my Dad and I used to go there quite a bit in the 60s and 70s.

Fresh Air still has sawdust floors, etc. It's like stepping back in time.

Homage to the Sampler BBQ Kings: Thad, Scott and Randy.:bowdown: :bowdown:

I've always loved grilling, and considered myself an expert: now I realize I was a novice. The smoked pork BBQ, boston butts I think??, the smoking trifecta smoked up at the Sampler was the best BBQ pork I've ever eaten, and I've eaten my fair share of barbecue thru the years. :grin:

I am now in the market for a smoker. Need to raise my game to the next level.

The photo/avatar is from Fresh Air BBQ in Jackson, Georgia. Fresh Air has been in business since 1929 and is widely considered the best BBQ joint in Ga.

Stopped in there yesterday on my way back from the Georgia coast. Brought back a lot of memories as my Dad and I used to go there quite a bit in the 60s and 70s.

Fresh Air still has sawdust floors, etc. It's like stepping back in time.

I'll take Memorial Day Weekend for $600 Alex.

A: a brisket, a few dozen chicken wings, 3.5 lbs of bluefish, and 4 cigars.

uh, What are things I smoked this weekend?

correct!

Did a small (2.5 pound) shoulder roast, four racks of baby backs and 30 wings on the 27" Weber with Smokenator on Memorial Day. (For six, five and two hours, respectively.) Also did a dozen beer brats on direct heat after the beer simmer.

It all rocked, according to our guests. :cool:

Always an inspiration for good eats! I gotta look into the BGE. Regulating heat, especially low heat on the Weber kettle is tough challenge.
It definitely is Steve...I started using a kettle but then decided to get serious and bought a 18.5 Weber Smokey Mountain. I've used it probably 20 times in the last year and it gets better and better every time. I tend to cook at a bit lower temps then some here as I'm typically in the 210-225 range for most smokes. I too use the DP Ragin River and Dizzy Dust on my ribs and butt as I really enjoy this combo. Enjoy and let us know what you decide!

It definitely is Steve...I started using a kettle but then decided to get serious and bought a 18.5 Weber Smokey Mountain. I've used it probably 20 times in the last year and it gets better and better every time. I tend to cook at a bit lower temps then some here as I'm typically in the 210-225 range for most smokes. I too use the DP Ragin River and Dizzy Dust on my ribs and butt as I really enjoy this combo. Enjoy and let us know what you decide!

Me too...did all kettle this weekend, with good results. But I recently sold my gas grill, and with the free deck space think I really need a dedicated smoker. Leaning towards the Weber since I'm so pleased with the kettle grill. Thanks for the endorsement.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.