jefferson 10 year rye

rutterb
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

If they don't list a separate source, then it has to be from the same state it was bottled in.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw some special store selections of this. The label doesn't say Canada. I plan on going back, maybe Monday.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a bottle of the Jefferson's 10 Year Rye today here in Florida.. I had to pay $39.99.. More than I would have like to have paid.. I have not tried this Rye yet.. Looking forward to opening the bottle sometime in the next couple of weeks.. My main focus is trying to establish a good relationship with a couple of liquor stores so they may consider letting me get my hands on foe Sazerac 18 Year old and Thomas Handy Rye with BT releases some later this year..

Bought a few bottles of this at $23, and one bottle of Masterson's at considerably more (like $55). I REALLY have to pay attention to tell them apart in a blind tasting, and cannot say that I have a strong preference for one over the other. Thus I consider Masterson's the whiskey for which I most clearly overpaid.

My main liquor store has the Masterson's Rye for $63.99 If my memory is correct.. I was thinking about buying one to try.. But held off.. The store owner had a shot at getting some Mitchers 10 year rye at least he thought he did.. Turned out he was not able to get the 10 Yr.. Any thoughts on the Willet 4 year old Rye? They have it in stock. I thought his price was $39.99 Not positive on that.. I read some of the reviews at Whiskey Advocate and John Hansell seemed to favor the aged Willet Ryes..

Any thoughts on the Willet 4 year old Rye? They have it in stock. I thought his price was $39.99 Not positive on that.. I read some of the reviews at Whiskey Advocate and John Hansell seemed to favor the aged Willet Ryes..

Lots of praise on here for the Willett 4 yr Rye. I bought one bottle, cracked it open and really liked it. Proceeded to pass on several other bottles over the course of a few weeks. Then when I decided it would be prudent to buy some backups, they were all gone and I haven't seen any since.

The Willett products have gotten scarce, and I should have bought more when I had the chance. Any price under $40 is more than fair for the Willett Ryes IMO. Bear in mind, they are 110 proof, so they have some real punch of flavor, without tasting too young.

If you like the LDI/MGPI/Seagram's/Rossville Union rye, in my opinion the Willett versions are the best examples of it due to higher proof and barrel selection. It bears zero resemblance to the older aged Willett ryes.

I did a side by side between Canadian NCF and the special small batch store selection (not labeled Canada). The store selection has a bit more alcohol in the nose, otherwise very similar. The color is the same, but the NCF has a little haze near the bottom. The NCF has a more creamy texture, and a taste I associate with fresh bread, that the other lacks. All in all, they seem like two different batches of the same recipe. It makes me wonder if the word "Canada" somehow got left off the label of the store selection?

... Any thoughts on the Willet 4 year old Rye? They have it in stock. I thought his price was $39.99 Not positive on that.. I read some of the reviews at Whiskey Advocate and John Hansell seemed to favor the aged Willet Ryes..

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.