Brighton Punch cocktail (Bourbon and Cognac!)

imbibehour
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Woah, haven't been back to the forums here in some time... nice remodel I see so far!

I discovered this cocktail recently that involves bourbon and cognac together, it's called Brighton Punch and it's real easy to make too.

Great thing also is you can really experiment with this one trying different bourbon and cognacs also. I've done this using Basil Hayden's below matchin my 80 proof VS grade cognac, and also tried a WL Weller too which worked nicely too.

Check out the video below I made for it.

Cheers!

Very interesting and these two drinks combined, or brandy and straight rye which is essentially similar IMO, were the basis of one version of the Sazerac Cocktail in the 1800's, except with bitters added.

Gary

Very interesting and these two drinks combined, or brandy and straight rye which is essentially similar IMO, were the basis of one version of the Sazerac Cocktail in the 1800's, except with bitters added.

Gary

I am not the biggest congac fan, but I found this drink full of possibilities for lots of different whiskies with the cognac (or just perhaps whiskey only with the benedictine). I find cognac just far too oaky often, even the really high grade expensive stuff which I had a few rare times. Cheers!

I would try different brandies, not just Cognac, and 50/50 isn't always right. In fact I am inclining now to a 2:1 mix of straight whiskey(s) to brandy or brandies.

It's like vermouth in whiskey for a Manhattan. A chunk of that vermouth is some kind of brandy, but the proportion in the overall drink is perhaps 10-20%, so it doesn't clash, au contraire.

Gary

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.