Bourbon Gelato

Vosgar
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Bourbon Gelato from Volare Italian Resturant in Louisville this weekend. Outstanding food, service and atmosphere. Just down the street from Bourbon's Bistro.

Since there's fruit with it, it must be good for you, right?

post-5227-1448981851805_thumb.jpg

Gary

post-5227-1448981851805_thumb.jpg

Was the bourbon flavor noticeable?

It was noticeable, but more of a hint of bourbon, not overpowering.

Too much bourbon and the gelato won't freeze properly. It's a pretty fine balance to get the right consistency and taste like bourbon.

I used to work for a gelato maker and we would make wine and champagne flavors all the time. That were pretty good. One year we did a Guinness champagne for St Patricks day. That was not so good. I wonder what type of bourbon they used in the recipe?

[ I wonder what type of bourbon they used in the recipe?

While not gelato related per se, I'll pour bourbon over some ice cream every once in a while (vanilla or butter pecan are my favorites).

[ I wonder what type of bourbon they used in the recipe?

I was afraid to ask, figuring it was probably a bottom shelfer :)

• 11 months later...

I make a Bourbon Vanilla ice cream with fresh vanilla beans and Beam - which is my go to cooking bourbon. No reason to waste expensive bourbon because once you add the milk, cream, eggs, sugar and vanilla beans the nuances of the bourbon are lost.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.