Monterey Rye

mopgcw
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Anyone drinking the Fog's End Monterey Rye? 90 proof, a bit sweet, but nice rye opening with vanilla. $35 so not too bad a price, but in the end a little sweet for me.

Anyone drinking the Fog's End Monterey Rye? 90 proof, a bit sweet, but nice rye opening with vanilla. $35 so not too bad a price, but in the end a little sweet for me.

I have no experience with it. There was a thread from several years ago that talked about what I would guess was a white dog version of this product and some experimentation with home aging. Seems the rye is made in part with sugar rather than grain which might explain some of the sweetness?

I have a bottle of this that I'll have to revisit. My first impression was not good. I remember thinking it was much more like a brandy than a rye.

I have a bottle of this that I'll have to revisit. My first impression was not good. I remember thinking it was much more like a brandy than a rye.

tried it again the other night; and you are right, much more like a brandy on the finish.

take care

George

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.