Pan seared steak with bourbon cheese sauce - Yummy!

Tony
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Good Day All-

Tonight Karry made me this fantastic pan seared steak with bourbon cheese sauce. She did not include the fried egg, figured that would be overkill.

http://inesandjeffskitchen.wordpress.com/2013/02/17/411/

Highly recommend you give it a shot. She even wanted a glass of bourbon to go along with it so I opened us up a Pappy 20 which complimented wonderfully.

bourbondinners.jpg

Best regards, Tony

Good Day All-

Tonight Karry made me this fantastic pan seared steak with bourbon cheese sauce. She did not include the fried egg, figured that would be overkill.

http://inesandjeffskitchen.wordpress.com/2013/02/17/411/

Highly recommend you give it a shot. She even wanted a glass of bourbon to go along with it so I opened us up a Pappy 20 which complimented wonderfully.

Best regards, Tony

Looks yummy, Tony. See what happens when you get your honey the dozen roses for Valentine's Day, folks! :D

:toast:

Bourbon, butter and blue cheese with beef, what's not to like. Sounds fantastic. Though I'll still grill the steaks and create some pan fond with a little cut off piece of steak...wasn't there some serious smoke with that 500 degree pan?

Yes, there was quite a bit of smoke in the kitchen. Had to leave the fan on for a while, but it was worth it. Very tasty.

Best regards, Tony

Hey Tony, I had a chuckle this morning when I saw your post.

It is very close to our plan today, similar ingrediants.

We fried ribeyes in a cast iron skillet and made 3 cheese mac-n-cheese (no bourbon added).

With a Huma Lupa Licious and the 4R 40th for dessert.

BTW, also had wilted Valentine Day roses also like yours.:grin:

rsz_1steak_macampcheese_005_zps067f9efa.jpg

I had a hankering to try this tonight myself with a grilled porterhouse and Barton BIB for the sauce! I forgot to snap a photo of the remaining bone :grin:.

post-3665-14489818641794_thumb.jpg

Hey Tony, I had a chuckle this morning when I saw your post.

It is very close to our plan today, similar ingrediants.

We fried ribeyes in a cast iron skillet and made 3 cheese mac-n-cheese (no bourbon added).

With a Huma Lupa Licious and the 4R 40th for dessert.

BTW, also had wilted Valentine Day roses also like yours.:grin:

Great stuff Oscar, looks like both of our roses were on their last legs.

Best regards, Tony

I had a hankering to try this tonight myself with a grilled porterhouse and Barton BIB for the sauce! I forgot to snap a photo of the remaining bone :grin:.

Good looking steak Thad, how did you like the sauce?

best regards, Tony

Good looking steak Thad, how did you like the sauce?

Sauce is a keeper Tony. Actually very good on the veggies too...which as my wife pointed out...kinda defeats the whole purpose of the veggies :grin:.

• 2 weeks later...

This one looks so yummy! I think I should try this one too.

I just perfected my Bourbon a month ago, and it wasn't that easy really. It has been harder than I thought of it. But I was so thankful because I did not give up. And I should give credit with http://www.whiskeystill.net too because of the help they had provided to me after I got my own still from them. I want to upgrade my bourbon with this one. Thanks for sharing this.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.