Bourbon Accompaniments

Old Dusty
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I am a big fan of various types of cheeses and crackers, also like to have a bottle of water.

Best regards, Tony

Saltine Crackers and various types of Bread as a palate cleanser with water in between tastings always seems to work for me.

Thanks for the responses. Was thinking maybe something smokey like smoked almonds or smoked Gouda as well to pick up on the barrel char. Maybe candied pecans as well. Or will food that mimics some of the flavors of the bourbon mask it too much?

• 6 months later...

Resurrected this, instead of starting a new thread.....

So, what specific snacks are you serving with you pours?

Dried fruit? Crackers? Bread with any type of spread?

Which cheeses? I'm thinking a baked apricot or raspberry Brie?

The peanut butter suggestion was interesting. Actually, I've enjoyed hummus.

Usually when i'm pouring it's to enjoy the bourbon as is and not with a meal. If snacks are served it's usually snacks as the focus and picking a Rye/Bourbon that will compliment and not the other way around.

Oh, and to echo some of the above...lots of water between pours.

I usually start out with just the drink by itself. Later on in the night, I find garlic salted/flavored peanuts work really well with Bourbon. I have also found that I have enjoyed my bourbons better after a meal with corn in it:) I don't know if it was just a coincidence with my taste buds those few times but I've found a more delightful experience after having steamed corn, servings of chili that my wife made that is heavy on corn, and corn casserole. I wonder if any of you have had similar experience.

My experience is that nothing goes better with bourbon than a good cigar.:rolleyes:

Goes without saying but I'm glad you said it! Couldn't agree more. Only area it is lacking in

is absorption of excess spirits.........

Fudgesicles go well with bourbon, but positively Rock with Baby Saz. :yum:

How about corn chips? Salty, and corn is in most whiskeys and all bourbons?

I'll have to try corn chips out. I have tried sun chips with bourbon and it goes pretty well.

Fudgesicles go well with bourbon, but positively Rock with Baby Saz. :yum:

I will have to try this as well! Never tried fudgesicles ever!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.