Jack Daniel's Gold Metal Bottlings

WhiskyToWhiskey
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Not much info I could find on these. A poster on another whisky forum told me it was different than the standard black label. Using the search on SB, Chuck and said it was the same juice as the black label. So I post on the JD Facebook page today and got this answer;

Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey The whiskey in each bottle in our limited edition Jack Daniel's Gold Medal series was specially crafted for our commemorative bottles and has its own taste profile.

Specially crafted means it's a little less watered down.

I was thinking the same thing but.....in Ontario, Canada the recent batch of Gold Metal 1954 is watered down to 80proof. So I'm really not too sure.

I believe the colour looks lighter, more of a golden in the gold metal bottle. I will have a closer look and pick one up and do a tasting (i like black label, so i won't be disappointed either way). The gold metal stocks are low and the price was reduced to be the same as the black label. The white rabbit saloon at 86proof is $1 more.

I decided to pick up the last 2 Gold Metal 1954 750ml 40% bottles (bottled in 2011) at the store today. Tried an ounce head to head with the reg Old #7. Very close in colour, the 1954 is slightly darker and more golden. The nose of the 1954 was a bit sweeter and smokier. Head to head the 1954 showed more vanilla, more smoke, more spice and only a very small amount of banana. It is a notch below all of the JD single barrels I have had, but still a great pour.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.