Cobhthaigh Celtique custom Glencairns and accessories

Yeti
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

This company has been mentioned elsewhere, but I've had a ton of work done by them in the last few months and I really want them to have their own thread. Their work is completely amazing. When I started the Appalachian Whiskey Society over the summer I wanted to have some custom glassware created for tastings and personal use. Since then I have ordered 30 engraved Glencairns for the club and members. Every one has been flawless and shipped without incident. Their turnaround is very speedy as well. Today I received my Christmas gift to myself, a handmade leather caddy and two cut-crystal Glencairns with my monogram/business logo. The craftsmanship of the caddy is exceptional, and the clasp is a very eye-catching design I've not seen before.

Here are some photos of the work I've had done. I really can't recommend them enough. While the website isn't exactly cutting-edge, their service more than makes up for it. http://www.cobhthaighceltique.com/

untitled-0028-L.jpg

untitled-0016-L.jpg

untitled-0017-L.jpg

untitled-0027-L.jpg

untitled-0021-L.jpg

untitled-0024-L.jpg

Gorgeous set Josh!I've ordered multiple items from them myself and have nothing but praise for the company.

Howdy!

Awesome!!

I'm in the process of getting a 6 Glencairn carrying case made. Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts about larger cases.

That case looks phenomenal! I was looking at a couple of places to order some cut crystal GCs. It looks like they have the pattern cut a bit lower on the glass than others, this must be the "original style" they talk about on their site. After seeing photos of how good yours looked, my order was placed and shipped on the same day.

That case is stellar, and I love the quilted cut on that crystal. Looks like a mason jar. :P Too perfect for Appalachia!

Beautiful stuff Josh! Now, the real question is whether or not the case can survive a long weekend at the GN. Guess we'll find out in April :grin:

The "N" stands for nerd, right?

It's actually a J-N contraction. It's part of my business logo, adapted for the space available for engraving on the cut-crystal glasses.

Gary, I think the caddy will be fine, its the glasses I'm worried about. They may be lead free, but that's least contamination concern at the GN :bigeyes:

Howdy!

Awesome!!

I'm in the process of getting a 6 Glencairn carrying case made. Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts about larger cases.

Zeke, We make a 4 glass Glencairn Glass Caddy® and what we call The Traveler Caddy®, a two glass and two empty, fill from your own, 375 ml bottles with funnel, water dropper, and marker to remind you what you filled each of the bottles with. All hand made, with custom tooled lid, choice of interior suede and custom engraved glasses to match if you like. Cobhthaigh Celtique, LLC.

Great looking caddy and glasses, Josh! Might have to put something like that on my Christmas list as well :grin:.

Beautiful stuff Josh! Now, the real question is whether or not the case can survive a long weekend at the GN. Guess we'll find out in April :grin:

I got my cut crystal GCs from these guys and they look great. They included a handwritten thank you note, who does that any more? These are great small business owners and I am happy to see my money go to people that take pride in their business. Cobhthaigh will be where I go for future glassware purchases and a custom case.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.