Louisville Liquor Stores - Thanksgiving Weekend

mbroo5880i
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

My son is taking a last minute trip to Louisville for the Thanksgiving weekend. He is going to pick up some items for me while he is there.

I went to the Liquor Barn website and the search function is no longer available. At least, I couldn't locate it. I had an old link and it didn't work.

Anyway, he will stopping by the one at Hurstbourne and Bunsen.

I am looking for things that I can't get in Indy.

Does anyone know if they carry:

John J. Bowman Single Barrel

Bowman Small Batch

Any of the Willett WFE Single Barrel Bourbons (8, 10, 12)?

Elmer T. Lee

Any of the Vintage Bourbons or Ryes?

AAA10 (I was thinking that they were out)

VWFRR (unlikely)

Any store selects that are worthwhile?

Are there any other stores nearby that might be worthwhile checking out? He won't stray too far off the beaten path.

Thanks

Was there a few weeks back;

- Bowman Single and Small

- Willet Rye, none of the 8/10/12

- Elmer T Lee

No to the others you mentioned. Store selects...4R Private Selection. They have a Koval, i haven't tasted though.

No other stores close to there that i've found anything cool at. There's a Beverage Warehouse at Hurstbourne and Taylorsville, mostly mid-lower shelf offerings. Decent prices though.

Was there a few weeks back;

- Bowman Single and Small

- Willet Rye, none of the 8/10/12

- Elmer T Lee

No to the others you mentioned. Store selects...4R Private Selection. They have a Koval, i haven't tasted though.

No other stores close to there that i've found anything cool at. There's a Beverage Warehouse at Hurstbourne and Taylorsville, mostly mid-lower shelf offerings. Decent prices though.

Cool, thank you! Have you ever tried either of the Bowman bottles? I would like to try one or the other, just not sure which.

Have you ever been to Westport Whiskey and Wine?

Cool, thank you! Have you ever tried either of the Bowman bottles? I would like to try one or the other, just not sure which.

Have you ever been to Westport Whiskey and Wine?

Have had the Bowman Small Batch, enjoyed it. Slightly different vibe than usual BT suspects. Just a question of price.

Westport is one of my home stores. Prices a bit higher at times, but they do a wicked job at barrel picks. They have 3 ER10's in right now, and may have a 4R Private Selection left over (bottle count was low last week).

Have you tried the ER10s? Barrel #162 sounds good.

Not yet, they just got it in...will do later this weekend though. Of the 3 it sounds like the best fit for my taste.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.