Mike Wayne Distilled Products

Vosgar
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I came across this decanter today and was wondering if anyone has information on Mike Wayne Distilled Products. All I could find is that it may be a HH product, but nothing else. Any help would be appreciated!

post-5227-14489820389196_thumb.jpg

post-5227-1448982038877_thumb.jpg

I wonder if it is related to John Wayne's son? I believe his name was Michael Wayne.

Could be. When searching for information on this I came across a number of John Wayne decanters by the same company

From what I found it could be an NDP that made collectible decanters. They also made a pope decanter filled with non-alcoholic ameretto around the same time. I think the first item they made was the John Wayne decanter.

A pope decanter? Was it the pope at the time or did they do a series of past popes? Or was it Alexander Pope?

Collectable Pope whiskey decanters, they were a hot item when I was in seminary. Then there was the Saints series which was particularly hard to get outside of Europe but all the more delicious for the difficulty of getting close to one. Any news of when the disciple series will be released?

What an interesting concept, this one might have legs.

A pope decanter? Was it the pope at the time or did they do a series of past popes? Or was it Alexander Pope?

It was Pope John Paul. It was done around 79-80.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.