Where to buy a bar?...

dcbt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Does anyone have any ideas on where to purchase a bar (especially in the DFW area)? Not looking to assemble something shipped, so looking for a solid piece delivered. Tried Haverty's and a few other furniture stores but no dice. Just looking for something 'traditional'ish for under $2Kish, nothing elaborate like some of the ones pictured in another thread (we don't have a ton of space.)

Thanks for any insights.

Try big patio/outdoor shops. Assume you have something near you like Watson's here in Indianapolis. They carry all kinds of patio/bar/home theater/gaming furniture and accessories. They have some really nice prefab walk behind bar sets.

Check your local newspaper. Amazing what you can find at estate, garage, and moving sales. Also check some of the discount stores. I purchased a large hutch/server that I use for my bourbon from Big Lots. They did a buyout of a bunch of Broyhill furniture and had it all on sale at great prices. The unit I bought was originally $1200. Got it for $450.

Different country, so possibly different rules/costs, but we engaged a cabinet maker to build us exactly what we wanted.

If you have the resources (e.g., tools, workspace), I would suggest building your own. Often you can find used wood (e.g., old barns) to provide character. If you don't have the means to build your own or don't feel comfortable, see if someone can recommend a good woodworker (custom cabinet makers) who can help you out. The more unique your bar, the more you can take pride in it.

Where else?? EBAY!!!

I happen to like this, and free shipping to boot!!!!

B

Edited by callmeox
no eBay links

I looked long and hard in DFW before I built my own, since I wanted a back bar too. If you dint mind a western style you can find prebuilt bars at various rustic or western furniture stores. Google rustic furniture DFW.

Places that sell pool tables and that sort of thing usually sell bars, more so than furniture stores.

You beat me to it Chuck that's just what I was going to post they always have bars. Game room equipment places.

Edited by p_elliott

You beat me to it Chuck that's just what I was going to post they always have bars. Game room equipment places.

And I beat both of you to it in post #2. So there:grin:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.