Hacking Pappy???

DaveOfAtl
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

More press like this and we will be paying $50 for a bottle of Weller 12 if we can find one.

Isn't this just the SB Blend that folks on here have been doing for quite awhile?

I would be up for getting both the Weller 12 and 107 and pay taxes. At present the 12 would be $58 and 107 $67 au dollars plus taxes even if it were 100 a bottle I'd say it's worth it.

Isn't this just the SB Blend that folks on here have been doing for quite awhile?

Yes, that was my point

It originated here and is being spread by writers who need ideas for articles about Bourbon.

I think of the SB blend as what Pappy was before he got old and retired.

More press like this and we will be paying $50 for a bottle of Weller 12 if we can find one.

Not that I look any more, but if I find one for $50, I ain't buying. While I still prefer WL12 over Larceny, I can be convinced otherwise.

Truth in journalism. This is the "idiots" guide to not drinking pappy

My thoughts exactly: Just go pick up some Jefferson's Presidential Reserve 18 year (never mind the questions about the last batches) or W.L. Weller BTAC. And regular Four Roses Single Barrel as a Pappy substitute? I must have tasted a bad bottle of Pappy, because they really seemed to go in completely different direction.

My thoughts exactly: Just go pick up some Jefferson's Presidential Reserve 18 year (never mind the questions about the last batches) or W.L. Weller BTAC. And regular Four Roses Single Barrel as a Pappy substitute? I must have tasted a bad bottle of Pappy, because they really seemed to go in completely different direction.

OK, it's been a few days...So, I'm guessing the "gear" and "bourbonr" fellas are on here? Want to introduce yourself, y'all? Or, you could keep on doin' the same-o, and do a collaborative piece on the benefits of drinking under a Gazebo!!! Ground breaking shtuff, and it's HOT!!!!! Your readers will LOVE it!!! :lol:

OK, it's been a few days...So, I'm guessing the "gear" and "bourbonr" fellas are on here? Want to introduce yourself, y'all? Or, you could keep on doin' the same-o, and do a collaborative piece on the benefits of drinking under a Gazebo!!! Ground breaking shtuff, and it's HOT!!!!! Your readers will LOVE it!!! :lol:

I don't know about "gear" but bourbonr is on here. Think he just lurks. Screen name is Blake or blaker or something. I can't remember but I don't think he participates. He's more into Reddit I believe.

I don't know about "gear" but bourbonr is on here. Think he just lurks. Screen name is Blake or blaker or something. I can't remember but I don't think he participates. He's more into Reddit I believe.

Figures...:rolleyes: So, the feller who "...made headlines in the liquor community by posting a recipe..." for what we know as the SB.Blend, actually lifted it from here, and took ownership of it...Just, ducky....:lol:

Yeah I've corrected him or at least attempted to correct him on twitter. Told him it was an SB.com thing and was meant to be a Centennial Tribute. His excuse was that most people do not know of Weller Centennial. I just gave up. I tried to get him to participate here but no luck. All I know is since this poor mans pappy business started it's been much harder finding OWA and even harder finding W12. Mostly I see WSR. Oh well.

W12 and OWA are long gone here due to the BT shortages. And the bit Joe quoted is what annoyed me. The bourbonr guy ripped off this site without any attribution to drum up readership.

W12 and OWA are long gone here due to the BT shortages. And the bit Joe quoted is what annoyed me. The bourbonr guy ripped off this site without any attribution to drum up readership.

I had a store spirits buyer tell me a couple of weeks ago, after I picked up his last Weller 12, that he was trying to get some Old Weller Antique in, "because if you mix them about 60%-40%, it tastes just like Pappy, they call it a 'poor man's Pappy' ." I said: that sounds like the straightbourbon.com blend. He didn't seem to make the connection.

On the other hand, his store select Buffalo Trace is pretty good, so for now I'm giving the place the benefit of the doubt.

Figures...:rolleyes: So, the feller who "...made headlines in the liquor community by posting a recipe..." for what we know as the SB.Blend, actually lifted it from here, and took ownership of it...Just, ducky....:lol:

A joke. I'm gonna just distill what gets discussed here and start my own blog, as if somebody gives a crap. This chump will be writing about the next big new whatever very soon. Must be nice to wake up every morning with no integrity.

A joke. I'm gonna just distill what gets discussed here and start my own blog, as if somebody gives a crap. This chump will be writing about the next big new whatever very soon. Must be nice to wake up every morning with no integrity.

Hey Kevin, I hear he has a restaurant in Queen's, too...

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=coming+to+america+youtube+mcdowell%27s+mcdonald%27s&qs=n&form=QBVR&pq=coming+to+america+youtube+mcdowell%27s+mcdonald%27s&sc=0-0&sp=-1&sk=#view=detail&mid=1C8C0E888C24ADCE71101C8C0E888C24ADCE7110

With plans to expand with a "Chopr's Lobsterr Barr" in Buckhead! :lol:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.