Anyone have experience with the NEAT glasses?

jmj_203
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I almost bought a set, not sure if its worth it at the price of almost $20 a glass. They like to advertise these are the official glass of some tasting in the past. The shape looks worth testing, but I already have hard to beat glencairns and thats 40 I would rather spend on another bottle to savor.

Nope, but they sure look like they would be a pain in the ass to sip out of with that big "hump" to get over.

I tried a tasting with Glencairn, old fashioned and neat glasses. Glencairn had the best smell closely followed by the old fashioned. I swear I didn't smell anything out of the neat glasses.

I've got a set. Prefer my Glancairns, and like Joe said, they can be a PITA to sip from.

That said, I pull 'em out on occasion (usually when i don't have enough Glencairns to go around).

If you want to see for yourself, you can save a few bucks here: https://www.touchofmodern.com/sales/the-ultimate-spirits-glass-08bf0e6a-6893-47a2-9977-4c75127768d0/neat-drinking-glass-set-of-two

I've been wanting to try the "Canadian Glencairn" myself.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a couple. I like them okay. It's a different and pleasurable experience to drink from them. That said, I still tend to reach for a Glencairn or something similar, or a plain, old on-the-rocks glass.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.