Independent stave

bjhowell
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Anyone done the tour at independent stave? Going to be in KYin a few weeks and was thinking of going. Anyone know how long the tour is? Just trying to plan out the day.

We spent 3 hours at Independent Stave. The tour was somewhat "impromptu" ... which is not a negative. The people were great! They had us wait for the tour in the employee's lunch room ... there were windows where we could watch the "works" ... all the employees were friendly and seemed really pleased we were visiting. It was a totally enjoyable experience ... enjoy!

Highly recommended. You'll never look at a barrel the same way again after taking the tour. Not sure if they still require that you call/email ahead and schedule a tour. Book it!

Forgot to mention ... no open toed shoes! Had to go buy my wife and daughter new shoes at Family Dollar so they could take the tour.

The typical tour is 45-1 hour. Well worth it. I have done it a couple times and never booked ahead of time. Once I was by myself for the tour, another time there were 25 people.

Check it out on the web the tours are about 45 min to 1 hr long, very good. Seems to me they only give 2 tours a day. one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Like I said check their web site.

Got it all booked. Figured I hit that in the morning and then run up to Makers Mark, then Barton and Willett. Nice day.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.