Brown Forman dinner

tanstaafl2
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I attended the follow up to the Glenmorangie dinner at New York Prime featuring Woodford and Jack Daniels pours and a couple of cigars to accompany the standard Steak dinner and assorted scenery. While the whiskey was a far cry from what was poured at the Glenmorangie gathering it was still an enjoyable evening.

post-8493-14489821360136_thumb.jpg

Woodford Manhattan with Cinzano vermouth. This is why I can't go to just any bar for a cocktail anymore. Vermouth tasted flat like it had been open and unrefrigerated for a month and I suspect these were batched and had gotten watery. Blah.

Gentlemen Jack came with the salad. Perfectly serviceable if not terribly inspiring. Too damn mellow from the double filtering in my opinion.

Woodford Double oaked came with the enormous steak. This was certainly the best whiskey of the evening. Steak, creamed spinach and hash brown potatoes were pretty good as well. Extra pours of everything were available but I had driven as usual so I had to pass.

Dinner finished with cheesecake which the restaurant, New York Prime, reportedly ships in daily from the New York Carnegie Deli. Only one thing could mess that up and that was the Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey! Should have gotten a refill of Woodford or even the Gentleman Jack. Certainly couldn't have been any worse.

post-8493-14489821359865_thumb.jpg

What, no 1" thick slice of bacon?!?!? :D

No Old Forester. Not snooty enough for the JD/Woodford crowd...

But there was definitely the 1" thick bacon!!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.