What's the Best Bottle in Your Bunker?

jvd99
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

• 3 months later...

All of my scotches are pretty much run-of-the-mill, and open and being poured. Just one which could be considered "special", I guess.

post-692-14489822603707_thumb.jpg

post-692-14489822603707_thumb.jpg

All of my scotches are pretty much run-of-the-mill, and open and being poured. Just one which could be considered "special", I guess.

That qualifies as pretty special.

I found years ago two bottles of 13 year-old Rosebank. I drank the first bottle - it was absolutely fantastic - and am still keeping the second for a special occasion.

As Richard notes I believe that qualifies! Going for about $650+ on TWE, not that cost necessarily equates to good so much as rare.

I found years ago two bottles of 13 year-old Rosebank. I drank the first bottle - it was absolutely fantastic - and am still keeping the second for a special occasion.

I found a couple of Cask Strength G&M bottlings of 13yo Rosebank (distilled in 1991 I believe) a few years ago and it is pretty good whisky indeed! Have about a half of the last bottle left.

Edited by tanstaafl2

As Richard notes I believe that qualifies! Going for about $650+ on TWE, not that cost necessarily equates to good so much as rare.

True but I absolutely loved old pre-Dr.Bill Ardbeg and don't have much use for the newer distillates. I've never been so conflicted as I am with current Ardbeg. I have infinite professional respect for Bill Lumsden but don't really care for any of his whiskeys.

Joe, Just remember your old buddy BigRich when you do finally crack that baby open.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.