BOTM 2/15: Stagg Jr.

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I've got a bottle of this I need to crack open. I've seen tons of differing reviews so I should probably see what it's all about.

• 6 months later...

Bumping this older BOTM. Just got a bottle Batch 3 Stagg Jr as a present and after 3 Pours I am in love. One of my Top 5 for sure. The amount of cherry I get from it is unreal. And it goes down very silky and oily. Absolutely Fantastic!

• 3 months later...
On 9/22/2015, 3:05:19, OldDrinker1978 said:

Bumping this older BOTM. Just got a bottle Batch 3 Stagg Jr as a present and after 3 Pours I am in love. One of my Top 5 for sure. The amount of cherry I get from it is unreal. And it goes down very silky and oily. Absolutely Fantastic!

Where do I find the batch number?  Just got a bottle of StaggJr before Christmas that was way too hot -- even for me.  I understand that there is some batch variation so I'm curious what I have.  Planning to vat it anyway with ER10 & BT.   :(

TIA for your help.

53 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

Where do I find the batch number?  Just got a bottle of StaggJr before Christmas that was way too hot -- even for me.  I understand that there is some batch variation so I'm curious what I have.  Planning to vat it anyway with ER10 & BT.   :(

TIA for your help.

What is the alcohol by volume (ABV) of your bottle? That will determine which batch you have.

Edited by starhopper

54 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

TIA for your help.

Batch 1: 134.4% abv, Batch 2: 128.7% abv, Batch 3: 132.10% abv, Batch 4: 132.20% abv and Batch 5: 129.7% abv (Batch 4 is my favorite so far)

Edited by starhopper

8 minutes ago, starhopper said:

Batch 1: 134.4%, Batch 2: 128.7%, Batch 3: 132.10%, Batch 4: 132.20% and Batch 5: 129.7% (Batch 4 is my favorite so far)

Many thanks, Starhopper.  Looks like I got a Batch #5 bottle.   :o

• 8 months later...

I picked up several bottles of batch 5 a few months ago, and like it quite a bit. I recently picked up a bottle of batch 6 and have seen batch 7, which is bottled at exactly 130 proof, but I haven't bought a bottle yet. Waiting for it to show up at a store with a better price on it. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• jbutler unpinned this topic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.