Russell's Reserve Rye Single Barrel

VAGentleman
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

This is going to be a new line extension for RR. It is 104 proof. Got to try some over the weekend at the Bourbon Affair. I'm not a big Rye person but this was pretty good. Lots of spiciness in the nose and palette. Big Rye spice taste right from the get go that lingers for a good while. Some mint and a tiny cherry flavor towards the end. Not really my thing but f you're into Rye's my guess is this will be right up your alley

Thank you, VAG, for the head's up. I usually step on the RR BP's, anyway, (just a small cube's worth) so this might be just fine with me.

This is going to be a new line extension for RR. It is 104 proof. Got to try some over the weekend at the Bourbon Affair. I'm not a big Rye person but this was pretty good. Lots of spiciness in the nose and palette. Big Rye spice taste right from the get go that lingers for a good while. Some mint and a tiny cherry flavor towards the end. Not really my thing but f you're into Rye's my guess is this will be right up your alley

You've got my attention, VA Gent. That cherry-type finish is one I particularly enjoy.

Sounds interesting, but if the link is correct and it's $60 I'll probably pass. For $45, I'd probably give it a shot if people I trust said it was good.

$60 for a NAS whiskey seems steep to me.

A shame they don't provide an age on this one. I'm definitely interested as the WTR101 is a damn fine rye, but at $60 I would definitely have to try before I buy (and be REALLY impressed). That's getting in the 8+ year, cask strength territory, so I'd have to get that type of enjoyment out of it. If I do, the lack of age statement and proof don't bug me.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.