Trip planed through KY to visit distilleries - just found out its during KBF. UGH!

ReynoldsStrong
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

So I'm going on business to Tennessee Sept 19-23, and was planning on leaving a coupe days early to tour some distilleries in KY (Sept 17 and 18), but just found out that's smack in the middle of the KBF. I'm not entirely sure what to do. I'll be by myself and as such I'm really just interested in the distilleries, Ind Stave, etc and not all the parties, etc.

Should I plan on coming back 2 days later and being there on Sept 24-25 instead? Those are really my only options; Sept 17-18 or Sept 24-25. Will it be hard to get into the tours during the KBF? I'd like to do the hard hat tour at BT for sure. I'd also like to find decent whiskey that's hard to find here in Missouri and at a good price - afraid that everything will be completely picked over by Sept 24-25, but maybe it won't be any better on Sept 17-18.

Thoughts? Help!

So I'm going on business to Tennessee Sept 19-23, and was planning on leaving a coupe days early to tour some distilleries in KY (Sept 17 and 18), but just found out that's smack in the middle of the KBF. I'm not entirely sure what to do. I'll be by myself and as such I'm really just interested in the distilleries, Ind Stave, etc and not all the parties, etc.

Should I plan on coming back 2 days later and being there on Sept 24-25 instead? Those are really my only options; Sept 17-18 or Sept 24-25. Will it be hard to get into the tours during the KBF? I'd like to do the hard hat tour at BT for sure. I'd also like to find decent whiskey that's hard to find here in Missouri and at a good price - afraid that everything will be completely picked over by Sept 24-25, but maybe it won't be any better on Sept 17-18.

Thoughts? Help!

I would guess your odds of finding bottles is certainly before or near the start of KBF than after (but I have only been there for the Sampler and not the Festival). Best way to know about the Hard Hat tour is to call now and see if it is available. I know SB folks sometimes set one up during these events but don't think I have seen any talk about it this go around in the Social Forum.

Always seem to have a conflict for the Festival so once again I can't make it.

I would guess your odds of finding bottles is certainly before or near the start of KBF than after (but I have only been there for the Sampler and not the Festival). Best way to know about the Hard Hat tour is to call now and see if it is available. I know SB folks sometimes set one up during these events but don't think I have seen any talk about it this go around in the Social Forum.

Always seem to have a conflict for the Festival so once again I can't make it.

No openings on the 17th or 18th of Sept. Ugh.

I would say it is a good time to come as distilleries do try to roll out the red carpet with some interesting bottlings, etc.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.