KO Distilling - Manassas Virginia

VAGentleman
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A new micro distillery just opened very close to my house over the weekend, KO Distilling in Manassas VA . They have a Vendome 500 Gallon copper still that has 4 plates on it. They are currently making a gin that they sell in 2 proofs, 90 and 114. They get GNS from somewhere else and redistill with the 8 botanicals they use in the still. I’m not a big gin guy, this stuff has some decent flavors to it. They also sell a White whiskey that is 60/30/10 Wheat, Rye, Barley at 90 proof. Something different with a nice sweet floral taste. They are making a wheated bourbon that they are barreling in full 53 gallon barrels that they say they are putting away for 6 years. They are doing 10-12 barrels a month. They will make a rye based bourbon at some point also. They also have 80 53 gallon barrels of MGP new make rye bourbon that they are aging and may release or sell to NDP’s when it matures. The whole facility is 12,000 sq feet. They have a roller mill, 500 gallon mash cooker and 4 x 500 gallon fermenters. They have a real nice tasting room with a bar and couches. They seem to be doing everything the right way. I wish them luck and look forward to tasting their bourbon in 6 years.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.