what to pair with Hulu Hulu Chicken

johnnybogey
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

hey guys, looking for some advice.

I prepped up some Hulu Hulu Chicken last night for tonight's dinner. For those of you that never heard, here is the recipe (http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/grilled-huli-huli-chicken)

As you can see, it's on the sweeter side due to the brown sugar so I am guessing GTS would be overkill. Or maybe not.

What do you guys typically pair with sweeter meats?

Thanks in advance.

With something sweet, I find OGD 114 goes perfectly. ...But then again, 114 goes well with sour, salty and about any other flavor I've tried it with.

With something sweet, I find OGD 114 goes perfectly. ...But then again, 114 goes well with sour, salty and about any other flavor I've tried it with.

LOL, I actually have some OGD114 too. Well, tonight, I went with EC12 (a favorite of mine). The oak forward EC12 took a little bit of the sweetness of the chicken.

Hulu Hulu chicken is a staple at my place so will definitely try some OGD114 next time.

Thanks Rich.

I like Huli Huli chicken with a crisp sauvignon blanc. I never cared for whisky with food, I save that for after supper.

Same here as far as not having whiskey with food. I don't drink white wine either however. I'd probably have a beer.

Same here as far as not having whiskey with food. I don't drink white wine either however. I'd probably have a beer.

Yeah, I think a hoppy beer like Founders All Day IPA might pair well.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.