Old Forester Birthday Bourbon Fall 2003, It's a tough job!

bobbyc
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

The Fall version of OFBB is available for sale in Louisville. This Bourbon was barreled in Fall of 1990 and aged in an interior section of lower levels of the rickhouse.

I have just read the hang tag which is a nice reddish brown, very autumn color.

I am only now nosing and had a small taste of this one.

In my humble opinion, It is magnificent,This truly is a remarkable Bourbon!

Gone is the alcohol burn in the nose as the OFBBSP03.Subtlety abounds. I will be very surprized if this doesn't come out on top of a 3 way shootout of Birthdays to date.

If it doesn't, no Matter. Lucky are we who have to roll up our sleeves and dig in to this task of deciding,or no.

This one has a richness, smooth and satisfying. This Bourbon could easily be labeled "Millionaires Club" and it would play the part well.

This has an approachableness to it. I think this could bring more folks to the fold!

Thanks Bobby! I can't wait to get hold of a bottle. I was out and about last night in Lexington and saw no new Birthday Bourbon in sight. I did see Jimmy Russell at the Beaumont Centre Liquor Barn, they were doing a WT tasting. Anyway, where and when did you find it?

Liquor Barn ,Fern Valley Road, Louisville. They have 4 or 5 cases of spring, and 2 cases of fall. If I were inclined to make a bet, it would be , that this was mistakenly placed on the floor.So much better for us I suppose.

OFBBFA03 is aged gently. The tag says being on lower floors, it is not subjected to the heat and moved deeply into the wood. I always thought the middle rows were where it "happened", and bourbon aged there was superb. If one had access, at least down to whatever level this was on, would deserve more study .

<font color="black"> Good God Give John Mayal Some </font>

Jeff,

Make yourself another trip to the Beaumont LB. I just got back from there and they have the Fall version in the middle of the OF section. Enjoy!

Bobby, I am now having my third taste of the OFBBFA03 and I am thoroughly enjoying it. I am getting a very perfumy nose and a rather "honeyed" taste. Definitely apricots somewhere in here. Anyway, have you had a chance to sample it again? Has your opinion changed any with more experience?

I had it 2 more times, side by side with spring, and a side by side with 2002. I really like it. As with the 2 Staggs, I don't really think of it in terms of which is the absolute best. I just consider myself a lucky good ol' boy from Kentucky to get to drink 3 expressions of Birthday and 2 of Stagg. I do plan to lay a few more in. Easier said than done when that other bourbon is still available. banghead.gif

toast.gif

• 2 weeks later...

None in MS but I can still get the old BB 3 more bottles that have been on the shelf for months.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.