About the "About All Things Van Winkle" thread

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'll try this again, since people started posting in my "About All Things Van Winkle" topic, instead of posting in the actual "All Things Van Winkle" thread itself. My guess is that my topic became unlocked in our conversion to the new site.

The Van Winkle bourbons had become quite the interesting topic for discussion. It seemed that every other week or so, someone would start a new thread about Pappy. Members weren't doing a quick search to find what they were looking for, so they'd just start another thread. It got to the point that things became a little "heated" in some Pappy threads, for varying reasons. After receiving a number of complaints I/we decided to have just one thread concerning all things Van Winkle. The warning I gave was something like this. "There is now only one thread about the Van Winkle bourbons. Any and all posts about the Van Winkle/Pappy bourbons should be posted there. If any new Van Winkle threads are started, they will be deleted." So that's it in a nutshell. All our Pappy eggs are now kept in one basket.

Thanks. Joe

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!