BigPapa

What is your favorite whisky glass for every day drams?

kjbeggs
On 5/9/2017 at 8:38 AM, Polarbear said:

Do you find that your Yeti changes the flavor of your bourbon? I tend to pick up the stainless steel a little bit.

Of course this could be in my head.

Thanks!

I used to think the same (thought I could taste it, but wasn't sure if it was just in my head). Now I've used it so much that it smells like bourbon even when it's empty and i don't notice the metallic tinge any more.

On a side note, I did recently grab a couple of these "Official Bourbon Tasting glasses" (their words), when they introduced them at buy one, get one free. Haven't had time to try them out, but I like the look.

https://kybourbontrailshop.com/official-bourbon-tasting-glass.html#.WScS9mjysuU

Edited by kjbeggs

tanstaafl2
2 hours ago, kjbeggs said:

On a side note, I did recently grab a couple of these "Official Bourbon Tasting glasses" (their words), when they introduced them at buy one, get one free. Haven't had time to try them out, but I like the look.

They look to me like someone squashed a glencairn.

• I like it 1

Jfletchgu

I've been using the brandy snifter for a while now. I plan on getting a glencairn, but saw this at Goodwill for 99 cents and its been doing a fine job.

brandy_snifter.jpg

CUfan99

I prefer a rocks glass even though I drink everything neat. Glencairns are ok too.

The wife was given a yeti lowball so I tried that out this evening while grilling outside and liked it a lot. I was expecting to taste some metallic notes but didn’t. Back when the yetis first came out I tried drinking beer from them but I would get a metallic aftertaste. 

Cranecreek

What is your favorite whisky glass for every day drams?

Of coarse it has to be this one  !!

glass.thumb.jpg.33b976031fcd64ee602e6538680dde47.jpg

Edited by Cranecreek
  • I like it 4

Curtis Reed

Glencarin almost exclusively... I have a set of heavy bottomed rocks glasses for those guests who like ice.

gurgalunas
On 2/6/2017 at 12:11 PM, tanstaafl2 said:

For something I am already very familiar with I am finding the solid heavy base 4 oz High West single old fashioned style glass to be one I like of late. Has that slightly iridescent look and little bubbles in the glass like the bottles do.

Perfect for drinking whiskey while trying to catch up on Westworld!

High West glass.jpg

This is my favorite lately too.  Bought one after touring in Park City and reach for it every time its clean.  Small glass, but feels substantial in the hand.  Nice character in the hand blown glass, with bubbles and minor imperfections.  And only $8...

• I like it 1

spyders03
On 5/25/2017 at 12:22 PM, kjbeggs said:

I used to think the same (thought I could taste it, but wasn't sure if it was just in my head). Now I've used it so much that it smells like bourbon even when it's empty and i don't notice the metallic tinge any more.

Those KY Bourbon Trail glasses are actually my preferred glass that I use every day.  I keep a couple dozen Glencairns around because that's what everyone seems to want when the come over, but I like the KYBT glasses.

• I like it 1

jvd99
Posted (edited)

Mrs. jvd99 got me this Peugeot whisky chilling glass.  The metal part goes in the freezer and when sufficiently frozen, the glass nests into it quite well.  After a few minutes, the whisky is chilled and stay so for 30 minutes, or so the instructions say.

Tried it out.  It does work, but not very well, or perhaps exactly as intended.  The whiskey is chilled, but only slightly.  Noticeably cooler than room temp but nowhere near like it was on ice.   The trade off/benefit is obviously no dilution.  It’s a fun gift, but not a daily drinker

3E4A87B0-C5D1-4700-97D9-CD9826E5ACA6.jpeg

340A2972-5A32-4738-BCA6-A5CCA741FBAF.jpeg

Edited by jvd99
  • I like it 1

Sven Heuchert

Norlan Glass for me. 

bigdhornfan

IMG_0107.jpg
Love these stemmed glens.

• I like it 1

Wolf359

Glencairn glass for me, which I purchased during a tour of the Oak and Grist Distillery in North Carolina