Evan Williams Bottled in Bond

b1gcountry
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I do pick up on the grassy/earthy flavor, which used to bother me but has grown on me over time. I've not found a whiskey that comes close to this when considering the cost/enjoyment ratio.

• 10 months later...

Picked up my first bottle of this today.  After 2 pours, I'll have to say, I have a new friend!  $13.38 on the shelf, it's a helluva buy in my opinion.  Very smooth and easy drinking.  I care  not at all about the age.  It's the taste that matters most to me.  

• I like it 2

I am a huge fan of this. My per case price is a little over 12 dollars a bottle. I thought I much preferred HHBIB6 over it, but now not so sure. Will have to do a taste comparison soon.  I can't imagine something so cheap yet so good. This is my everyday bourbon.

image.jpg

• I like it 4

On 2/22/2016 at 12:22 PM, kcgumbohead said:

I have yet to have an "off" experience with EWBiB and if I do its me not the bourbon

Same here.  If I think my palate might be having an off night, I have a sip of EW BIB to check.

• I like it 1

My mixed drink of choice currently calls for EW BiB; 1 part EW BiB mixed with 1 part OGD BiB. Tasty!

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

My mixed drink of choice currently calls for EW BiB; 1 part EW BiB mixed with 1 part OGD BiB. Tasty!

I gotta try that.

• I like it 1

16 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

Let me know what you think.

You are right! Those two taste good together. I ran a slightly higher amount of EW, and added a few drops of water. Thanks for the suggestion.

• I like it 1

I've been drinking on this tonight. Pretty good for a $15 bourbon. Little honey-ish, little smoke, then disappears. I can drink it straight, but I can barely pick up anything. When I do it fades off quick. It's smooth though...no bite at all to me. I'd buy another.

It can't hold a candle to WT101 I usually drink for $7 more, but I can't complain for $15

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.