Old Crow Trolley Billboard

jbutler
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

When my father passed away, I tasked myself with creating a digital archive of his photographs so that my family might have access to them. Dad was always kind of weird about his photos, making sure everyone knew they were his photos, not theirs. Bottom line is that he's gone, and we've got his photos. I just recently finished scanning all the 35mm slides, of which there were ~2700.

My dad got his Ph.D at UMN in Saint Paul, and so there were many shots of his life there. His handwriting on this slide read  "March 17 1950 1030 AM. UMN Campus". Having grown up in a college town that didn't even allow alcohol sales in the city limits (Davis, CA), I found this particularly interesting.

2016-01-18-0062.jpg

I love photos like this - the slices of daily life at other times in history. The trolley itself is interesting enough. That is has an Old Crow advertisement on the side is even better.

That's a really high quality photograph for something that was taken 66 years ago.  Pretty cool.

It would be interesting to see what that spot looks like today.

12 hours ago, Jacket said:

It would be interesting to see what that spot looks like today.

This is what it looks like now. The detective work involved in figuring out where many of the photos were shot is a real kick. Not sure what sort of lens my Dad was using, but the camera is still in the closet at my mom's. I'll have to look next time I visit.

The old slide pictures had good resolution to them. Dad had a camera that took them.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.