Jim Beam fills 14 millionth barrel of bourbon

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

If one can put 50,000 barrels in a rickhouse (which IIRC is about 15,000 LESS than BT lost in its fire a few years ago), then one needs 10 rickhouses to hold 0.5 million barrels.  If everything is aged at least and only four years, one needs at least 40 rickhouses initially.  But, some barrels are removed periodically, so this is fixed number as long as barrels in = barrels out.  For longer-aged products or for increases in production, pick a number of additional warehouses - say another 10.  Google Maps (the "aerial" not the "Roads") shows lots of warehouse type structures of different sizes but similar roofs at and near the three or more dots it says are "Jim Beam" locations.  A similar search of Jack Daniels by map shows over 40 huge warehouses scattered around the countryside, all of which are about the same size and have the same roof.  I don't know how many barrels a JD rickhouse holds, but they look bigger than the JBs.

All numbers here are made up, and I did no estimating about the size of JB or JD warehouses.  But if I'm even partially right, that's a lot of bourbon.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.