Four Roses Elliot's Select

joboyd
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I got to try a pour of this the other night (warehouse QN, Barrel 47-2P, 56.1%). My thoughts were that this was a good bourbon but I recently had an OBSK that I liked better and this was not even close to the 2015 LESmB. 

On 7/18/2016 at 11:59 AM, Bourbonmakesmepoop said:

Well you guys are making me feel better about missing out on a bottle then, assuming that this has already hit Texas. 

I've been on the lookout, no dice.

Look again, this week.

• 1 month later...
On July 16, 2016 at 3:34 PM, smokinjoe said:

I tried it last night and found it good, but uninspiring.  Nothing "off" with it, just nothing that really grabbed my attention.  It seemed like a whiskey that was selected to be "safe".

A good night for Elliott and me this time, as I am getting some interesting semi-sweet but dryish...sandalwood? notes on both the nose and over the palate.  Quite nice, I have to admit.  In thinking that maybe my ever-changing palate is now tuned in to a sweet spot with this whiskey, it may be time to finish the last half of this bottle while the gettin's good.  :D

On 9/22/2016 at 11:33 AM, kjbeggs said:

Look again, this week.

Never found one, but thanks for the heads up.

seems like this year I've been having real shitty luck with LE's. Worst year I've ever had to be honest. But my local store tells me good stuff is coming early December. Hopefully that means BTAC.... we shall see what santa brings

I saw a bottle of Elliott's Select last week on the shelf in a liquor store in KY.  $399.  Three hundred ninety nine dollars!  I find the Four Roses Private Selections so good, so widely available, and such a good value that none of their limited editions are appealing, even at their release price.  Let alone that absurd number.  

The Ellicott's select is a really good bourbon.  It's not better than some of the private selects.  But, most of the LE single barrels are not much better than some of the private single barrel selections.  The only one I have had that really stands out is the 17 year 100th anniversary.   It's worth buying at list price, but not at any kind of markup.  Find a good store pick instead. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.