Old Forester Ad

LCWoody
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Was in my brother-n-laws office today and saw this old newspaper article about his Dad and father-n-law moving the cows north for hurricane season. As I'm reading it I see this ad for Old Forester bourbon. Several things that this picture reminds me of...... 

The 1st  is, you want see an ad like that in the news paper today.  

2nd, I bet that was some good bourbon. 

3rd, Damn, we have it pretty good these days, because I know how bad the mosquitos are down here, and I can't imagine spending 4 days pushing cattle 60 miles on horseback. Some tough SOB's. 

image.jpegimage.jpeg

I bet that was around 1967? I have a very similar decanter bottle. It turns out though, most of the bourbon in the fancy bottles at the time was the same they put in the regular bottles. I think it was around Christmas time like gift sets today. The old Taylor decanter bottle states the age as 2 years. The bourbon tasted like crap, although there was a lot of cork discoloration, so it probably tasted Better in 1967

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I always liked that Old Forester used to market itself as the bourbon you serve to guest. It hearkens back to a time of greater hospitality.  

On 8/1/2016 at 2:08 AM, jsrudd said:

I always liked that Old Forester used to market itself as the bourbon you serve to guest. It hearkens back to a time of greater hospitality.  

Old Fitzgerald also marketed itself that way back in Pappy's era. They had a key emblem and called it "The Key to Hospitality". 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.