Knob Creek NAS

dcbt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Kind of expected it with the whole 'Patiently Aged' labeling that us Europeans already get. Shame, but no surprise. 

And the hits just keep on comin . . . does this mean folks are going to go and buy the @#$% up out of KC in order to try to flip in a couple of months (like some folks did with EC12)?

For what its worth, I haven't bought a bottle of KC in some time.  Since the release of KCSB at the higher proof, that's bee my Knob of choice.

While I"m happy to hear that KCSB will retain the age statement, it's sad to see KC lose one. If Beam's vast stocks are being strained then the boom is definitely in full swing.

I find this disappointing and irritating for a number of reasons that I've posted about on other threads for other AS drops. I won't rehash those. Beam's star was losing its luster in my eye with the 2001 KC and Booker's Rye and this just pushes it farther down the hill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, BigRich said:

So I guess we should put a clock on Baker's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bite your tongue sir!  

Writing has been on the wall for a while now. Funny thing is, I was just thinking to myself last week "Wow, the 9 year age statement on KC really is an anomaly in the current bourbon market. I wonder how much longer they can keep up? Should I start stocking up?".

Question answered.

I've really come to like this in the 100 proof iteration after years of really liking the Single Barrel only. Let the stocking up begin. I do not like the EC NAS as much as I do the 12 so I'm not going to tarry on this one.

We knew this was going to happen, despite the denials at Beam.  Kinda makes me mad they pull crap like that. 

All of this reminds me of the time when Beam ran out of KC back in 2009.:huh: I received my "I Survived The Drought"  t-shirt from them, and possibly even got one of their "Thanks For Nothing" empty bottles.

I've learned one main thing in my bourbon journey over the last ten years or so. Pretty much the only thing constant in the bourbon world is change. Occasionally for the better. More often than not for the worse. And once in a great while just a change that is, well, just a change. We'll survive. There's plenty of other tasty bourbons out there for us to enjoy. Just don't go screwing around with my Weller's too much more. ;)

Cheers! Joe

Just don't go screwing around with my Weller's too much more. [emoji6]

Cheers! Joe

You mean "anymore" right Joe?

On 9/22/2016 at 8:41 PM, flahute said:

Steve (Flahute) said in part: Should I start stocking up?".

Well, I kept seeing it around Wash DC at $22 a 750 for at least the last eight months and just couldn't figure out why the "always on sale" price.  So, I kept loading up.  After all, bourbon doesn't spoil, at least not during the time horizon my IRAs tell me I have.B)  With one more large shopping trip (if some KC 9 YR remains around town), that and the OGD BIB/114 I picked up late last week will hold me through most of my life expectancy.  As George Gershwin posited, "Who could ask for anything more?".

1 hour ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Well, I kept seeing it around Wash DC at $22 a 750 for at least the last eight months and just couldn't figure out why the "always on sale" price.  So, I kept loading up.  After all, bourbon doesn't spoil, at least not during the time horizon my IRAs tell me I have.B)  With one more large shopping trip (if some KC 9 YR remains around town), that and the OGD BIB/114 I picked up late last week will hold me through most of my life expectancy.  As George Gershwin posited, "Who could ask for anything more?".

Indeed good sir. My instincts have been telling for a while to stock up while the getting was good. I didn't do it. That all ended with the announcement. I have 8 on the way and am going shopping tomorrow for more. This one really does hit a sweet spot for me. I'm still a little shy in the OGD114 department though.

Haven't bought a bottle of this in ages (although I've been gifted a few) since it is so readily available when dining out. I may have to bunker a few as I did with EC 12.

How disappointing.... pretty soon we will no longer have any age stated bourbons at all, this boom thing sucks!

On 9/24/2016 at 10:51 AM, BDanner said:

Haven't bought a bottle of this in ages (although I've been gifted a few) since it is so readily available when dining out. I may have to bunker a few as I did with EC 12.

I do enjoy me some KC and really, I haven't picked this up in a while because, as you said, it's sooo readily available whenever we're at restaurants and such.  I might pick up one just to keep in the bunker.

I'm a big fan of KC. I really don't care if it is age stated anymore, as long as it still tastes the same. But........ that is the $64,000 question, isn't it?

58 minutes ago, ebo said:

I'm a big fan of KC. I really don't care if it is age stated anymore, as long as it still tastes the same. But........ that is the $64,000 question, isn't it?

That it is. When this happened to EC12, I stocked up on the age stated just in case while hoping that the NAS would maintain the profile so I wouldn't have to worry about rationing. I ended up not liking my first bottle of the NAS nearly as much as the 12. (Some people like it better of course, so it's a win for them).

Despite what Beam says about maintaining the profile, I'm not taking any chances because HH said the same thing.

19 hours ago, flahute said:

That it is. When this happened to EC12, I stocked up on the age stated just in case while hoping that the NAS would maintain the profile so I wouldn't have to worry about rationing. I ended up not liking my first bottle of the NAS nearly as much as the 12. (Some people like it better of course, so it's a win for them).

Despite what Beam says about maintaining the profile, I'm not taking any chances because HH said the same thing.

Agreed on all points. EC tasted different as soon as they dropped the age statement. Hopefully Beam can maintain the profile for a while, but it won't last forever.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.