Sign in to follow this  
Vosgar

1952 Kentucky Beverage Journal

kcgumbohead

Another SB gem of a post. Thank you for posting such an entertaining and fascinating read. 

Vosgar
On 12/11/2016 at 8:59 PM, Richnimrod said:

'Female Bartender'.... WOW!!!!    It's this sort of sh_t that wound up getting us women's lib, and bra-burning (that I actually favored).

Hard to believe that in my lifetime it might have been against some law to have a lady serve liquor.     I wonder what the thinking behind that was?

Just unseemly?    Not in keeping with the image of Southern Women of Genteel Upbringing?    Funny stuff.

Although this publication is from 2 years later, I'm guessing this particular law hadn't changed......

P1090887.JPG

P1090888.JPG

Richnimrod

Hmmm, pretty explicit.    No Chix Selling Drinx!!!!!!!        Serving 'em is alright, I guess; and apparently running the cash register for the drinx, just not dispensing 'em.     OK, then.

weller_tex

By the way, if you put in the ~$7.25 for a fifth of OGD 100 proof or Weller's 105-107 proof to the inflation calculator, the comes out to about $65 for fifth in 2016 money. So maybe bourbon has been undervalued for a while....makes the $50-$100 seem in line when you think of it that way.