Cincinnati store recommendations?

n811
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hi there,

I'll be traveling to Cincinnati in a couple months and, as things go in this hobby, I'm researching liquor stores in the area. Do any of you have recommendations? Any Ohio-only products I should look for?

Thanks,

Nate

Head south and go immediately across the border to Northern Kentucky to The Party Source or Cork N' Bottle. It's not that far so don't be deterred by going to another state.

Ohio is a control state and the selection sucks.

1 hour ago, flahute said:

Head south and go immediately across the border to Northern Kentucky to The Party Source or Cork N' Bottle. It's not that far so don't be deterred by going to another state.

Ohio is a control state and the selection sucks.

I agree with going across the border to Party Source.  Very good selection & prices.  Went there on a trip earlier this year.

While across the border, you may want to check out one of the Kroger Wine and Spirits shops.  Not quite the selection as TPS or CNB, but often some of their own private selections, and sometimes better prices for the standards. 

32 minutes ago, RocAFella1 said:

Thanks for posting the topic and the replies. I'll be flying into Cincinatti on Thursday. 

If you didn't already know this, the Cincinnati airport is actually in Kentucky so you can stop by these stores before you even get into Cincinnati proper.

Steve's suggestions are great. Cork n Bottle always has great store selections and prices.

Edited by mbroo5880i

Like others have said, I wouldn't even bother with anything in Cincinnati itself due to Ohio's state controlled stores. The real selection, and better prices are in Kentucky, so The Party Source is a must stop, but also Cork N Bottle, and D.E.P.'s have a nice selection.

45 minutes ago, silverc said:

Like others have said, I wouldn't even bother with anything in Cincinnati itself due to Ohio's state controlled stores. The real selection, and better prices are in Kentucky, so The Party Source is a must stop, but also Cork N Bottle, and D.E.P.'s have a nice selection.

Yes! I forgot about Dep's. They currently have a very nice store selection of Russell's Reserve Single Barrel.

Agree with the others, head to Party Source and Cork N Bottle, don't bother with Ohio stores as the selection sucks. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.