Elijah Craig Barrel Proof

Clueby
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Did I miss info somewhere that ECBP is also going NAS like EC12 did? (now Small Batch 1789 NAS)  Their website looks like it has been revamped with the new bottle design for both the ECSB AND the ECBP with no mention of ECBP being 12 years old any longer.

Maybe this is old news?

EDIT even before I posted...I just reread the webpage description and it does say " created by twelve years of aging" but the pictures of the bottle and the small label don't have any indication other than proof/%/batch and they seem to be playing down the whole age thing.  Do you think this is preparation for it becoming NAS like it was with EC12?  Although even the current ECBP doesn't say anything about 12 year other than in the same verbage on the rear label.

1 hour ago, Clueby said:

Did I miss info somewhere that ECBP is also going NAS like EC12 did? (now Small Batch 1789 NAS)  Their website looks like it has been revamped with the new bottle design for both the ECSB AND the ECBP with no mention of ECBP being 12 years old any longer.

Maybe this is old news?

EDIT even before I posted...I just reread the webpage description and it does say " created by twelve years of aging" but the pictures of the bottle and the small label don't have any indication other than proof/%/batch and they seem to be playing down the whole age thing.  Do you think this is preparation for it becoming NAS like it was with EC12?  Although even the current ECBP doesn't say anything about 12 year other than in the same verbage on the rear label.

Very interesting.  I just read what you were talking about.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if they were going to change it to NAS eventually.

They are currently sticking to their story that BP will stay 12yrs old.

With the boom being what it is and all, be prepared for anything though. I believe them that they want to keep it 12yr age stated. It's always possible that future pressures could force their hand to go NAS, or, to put it into tighter allocation at 12yr age stated.

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 8:25 PM, flahute said:

They are currently sticking to their story that BP will stay 12yrs old.

With the boom being what it is and all, be prepared for anything though. I believe them that they want to keep it 12yr age stated. It's always possible that future pressures could force their hand to go NAS, or, to put it into tighter allocation at 12yr age stated.

If HH says ECBP will remain 12yo then you can believe it! After all they did the same thing with the regular EC12 and it's still a, umm...

Never mind.

2 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

If HH says ECBP will remain 12yo then you can believe it! After all they did the same thing with the regular EC12 and it's still a, umm...

Never mind.

And thus the reason for my qualifying sentence! :) Those future pressures I'm referring to could happen tomorrow so I'm definitely not taking anything to the bank. My bunker is testimony to the fact that I'm not confident enough to simply replace them as I empty them.

• 2 weeks later...

Do I have a Batch #11 136 proof? Could not find this proof under the last 10. Anyone know?

7 minutes ago, MTNBourbon said:

Do I have a Batch #11 136 proof? Could not find this proof under the last 10. Anyone know?

Batch 11 is 139.4 pf.  136 is Batch 12.

Just now, Madhatter said:

Batch 11 is 139.4 pf.  136 is Batch 12.

Cool, thanks. The site that I usually go to, to find that, only has up to 10.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.