Stormtrooper Decanter

mosugoji64
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A big Thank You to GaryT for pointing this out a while back. Mine arrived yesterday and I think it's pretty cool. It definitely stands out from the other bottles on the shelf!

20161208_000938.jpg

20161207_235838.jpg

To further clarify what one could expect if acquiring one of these...

The ad seems to show a natural cork stopper; but your pic (next to the ad) seems to show a synthetic 'cork' stopper.   Which one actually comes with it?

Thanx, in advance...

It's synthetic, which is a plus to me. Not sure why the one on the box looks natural. 

I totally agree.    The synthetic ones outlast natural cork by some exponent.    I've never done a long enough study to determine what number that might be; but significant, I'm sure.

Thanx!          Gary would LOVE one of these, I'm sure; but struggle to find room for it, I fear.....

• 2 weeks later...

That looks great Brian!!  I'm hoping Santa may be bringing me one of those this week (or if not, some other random large man in a red suit talking smack about Hos - I'm not really particular).

Really hoping that they follow it up with a Vader version next year :)  

• 1 month later...

I guess demand outstripped supply, but if finally arrived!  I was worried as I almost couldn't get the synthetic top out, but after washing the decanter and it, seems to work just fine (a tad on the tight side, but I guess better that than loose!)  Nice heft to it, and sharp presentation!

IMG_20170126_180117.jpg

I guess demand outstripped supply, but if finally arrived!  I was worried as I almost couldn't get the synthetic top out, but after washing the decanter and it, seems to work just fine (a tad on the tight side, but I guess better that than loose!)  Nice heft to it, and sharp presentation!
IMG_20170126_180117.jpg

What is it christened with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, BigRich said:

What is it christened with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SB Blend (actually, a mingle of SB blends - mostly a 70/30 mix with a little 60/40 mix - both heavier on the OWA).  

23 hours ago, GaryT said:

IMG_20170126_180117.jpg

I guess the fat man was running a little late but good to see that yours arrived! The cork on mine was pretty tight as well but seems to be working fine now that it has been filled for a while.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.