ER10 Jr.

Bbstout
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Not to be mean or anything, but this is eagle rare. I am a fan. What do you think bout the bourbon? What are you trying to show me in this post? 

5 hours ago, Acs2653 said:

Not to be mean or anything, but this is eagle rare. I am a fan. What do you think bout the bourbon? What are you trying to show me in this post? 

Ahh, the ER10 is great in any bottle - always an easy recommendation for a step-up selection from Bulleit, Woodford Reserve, BTfor me.  The 375ml bottle with the "10" year age statement prominently displayed on the neckband (verses printed on the back label in the current iterations of ER10) is a neat decanter for a less-than-half-full or nearly empty 750ml bottle of ER10, saving on space and "air-time" - maybe??????  JMHO.   :lol:

1 hour ago, GeeTen said:

Ahh, the ER10 is great in any bottle - always an easy recommendation for a step-up selection from Bulleit, Woodford Reserve, BTfor me.  The 375ml bottle with the "10" year age statement prominently displayed on the neckband (verses printed on the back label in the current iterations of ER10) is a neat decanter for a less-than-half-full or nearly empty 750ml bottle of ER10, saving on space and "air-time" - maybe??????  JMHO.   :lol:

Spot on GeeTen. I wish I had kept more dusties as "decanters". Although some might make me sad they are gone.

At one time I had a 1.75, a 750 and a 375 of ER. It was kinda cool seeing them all lined up next to each other. :)

FWIW, keeping 'smaller' bottles to decant 1.75's or near empty bottles is something I do. Empty ETL and HHSS bottles are my favorites. They fit on any shelf of my cabinet. I keep most of my empty 375's and 200's. I like to use empty 375's when I decide to do one of my "vattings", and the 200's are great to use for sharing samples. 

750.jpeg

375.jpeg

12 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

At one time I had a 1.75, a 750 and a 375 of ER. It was kinda cool seeing them all lined up next to each other. :)

FWIW, keeping 'smaller' bottles to decant 1.75's or near empty bottles is something I do. Empty ETL and HHSS bottles are my favorites. They fit on any shelf of my cabinet. I keep most of my empty 375's and 200's. I like to use empty 375's when I decide to do one of my "vattings", and the 200's are great to use for sharing samples. 

750.jpeg

375.jpeg

Nice Joe, I like to use ETL's as well. They fit so compactly in the cabinet. I missed the train on the HHSS, would have loved to try that one.

I do the same, except I peel all the labels off.  Some are easier than others.  Blantons are the easiest to peel off.

I rarely see ER 375 bottles anymore.  I do occasionally see the jumbo 1.75s.  Those things are huge.  I like squat bottles because they are much easier to store.

I do this too, though I haven't yet amassed as many of the smaller bottles. I've also been known to save the little airline size shooters from golf outings, etc. to save samples for future research. My daughter had to get up in the rafters of the garage to find something for Christmas decoration and found my boxes of empties. The word "hoarder" may have come up.

23 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

FWIW, keeping 'smaller' bottles to decant 1.75's or near empty bottles is something I do. Empty ETL and HHSS bottles are my favorites. They fit on any shelf of my cabinet. 

I like the ETL 750's for the same reason.  With the grip grooves on the sides, I also find them to be among my favorite bottles to pour.

For 375 decanters, my favorite is the Wild Turkey 375ml round bottle (not flask).  They are about the size of a beer or coke bottle and I think they just make the coolest bourbon decanters.

On 12/10/2016 at 6:54 PM, mbroo5880i said:

I rarely see ER 375 bottles anymore.  I do occasionally see the jumbo 1.75s.  Those things are huge.  I like squat bottles because they are much easier to store.

Virginia ABC Stores have the 375 ERs several times a year.  Not that that's of use to you in Indiana.  But then, you can get HH 6YR BIB anytime while I can just sit here and cry.  It's STILL not a fair trade.  Just saying.

2 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Virginia ABC Stores have the 375 ERs several times a year.  Not that that's of use to you in Indiana.  But then, you can get HH 6YR BIB anytime while I can just sit here and cry.  It's STILL not a fair trade.  Just saying.

Amazingly, a few days after this post went up I saw the 375 ER's for the first time ever at a small independent store I like to get to when I can (it's not convenient, but they always have something interesting so I make a point to get out there.)

This store has a hard time keeping ER10 and BT in stock (don't know why as the big box stores have no problems) so they buy whatever size they can get their hands on. This means they usually have the 1.75's of ER and BT but no 750's. First time I've seen the 375's though.

Also amazingly, this store also carries the HH 6YR BIB. Very uncommon in these parts.

Well, more 375s and fewer 750s would be one way to continue distribution of a product that is experiencing scarcity. No proof (I deal only in supposition and conjecture) but with all the other price hikes, falling distribution et al it could make $ense. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.