Blanton's

Bbstout
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I too import the the Gold and SFTB, both are superior to the US release, but are hard to source and come with a premium because of shipping.  I doubt we'll ever get these released in the US, but maybe they should consider a BTAC version, that would be cool.

Agree that the SFTB is delicious. It's not that much more than the Gold, so to me Gold doesn't make sense unless the SFTB is unavailable.

I think Mashbill #2 is under a lot of production strain lately (like everything else). I suspect the ETL and probably the Blanton's are going into the bottle a bit younger and hotter than they used to.

That said, my Liquor Barn Selection of Hancock's is absolutely delicious, and it's been on the shelves for nearly 2yrs now, which I can't fathom. I've bought like 18 of 'em. Probably they're STILL sitting there. They're less than 40 bucks - I mean, geez!

Looking forward to trying a Blanton's selection by the Single Barrel Project this spring. I'm hoping it can hold a candle to SFTB.

9 hours ago, classacked said:

Blanton's is my daily drinker. Here in CT. I can get it daily for $48.99- $54.99.

There are a couple stores that have it at $99.99 as one of them states that it comes in a box, so it has to be expensive lol...Those boxes have 3-4 inches of dust,  wonder why..??

My Blanton's also come in a box sometimes but sometimes not.  The price is the same regardless of whether it is in a box.  The boxes are cardboard.  $50-45 for a cardboard box?B)  I don't like them that well.

1 hour ago, Harry in WashDC said:

My Blanton's also come in a box sometimes but sometimes not.  The price is the same regardless of whether it is in a box.  The boxes are cardboard.  $50-45 for a cardboard box?B)  I don't like them that well.

What about the bag  though?

1 hour ago, The Black Tot said:

That said, my Liquor Barn Selection of Hancock's is absolutely delicious, and it's been on the shelves for nearly 2yrs now, which I can't fathom. I've bought like 18 of 'em. Probably they're STILL sitting there. They're less than 40 bucks - I mean, geez!

Geez indeed. I'd swoop in that if I came across them.

While I can't get most bourbons that you guys get in the US easily/at a decent price, I can pick up 10 bottles of Gold or SFTB whenever I want.

Pricing:

- Gold = 2 standard Blanton's

- SFTB = 3 standard Blanton's

Gold and SFTB seem expensive considering they are roughly the same age as standard Blanton's.

On 1/19/2017 at 11:31 PM, flahute said:

What about the bag  though?

Bag? BAAAGGGG????  I don't need no stinking bag

with my bourbon.  Unless I'm sitting curbside, of course.B)

I've overlooked Blantons for many years. The bottle for some reason came off as gimmicky and I usuallly look for higher proof then 93. Just picked up my first bottle. Wow, I've been missing out. The nose was caramel and vanilla and the taste the same. What a smooth bourbon.

Yeah, you totally blew it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 7:48 AM, Bbstout said:

Great observation.  Too bad Blantons's is becoming scarce now that I have discovered it. 

Yeah BB is selling out more often now which used to be my go to bourbon along with AE which seems to have a similar situation.  Both are still readily available here in Indianapolis but I still notice stores selling out of them more.  I've seemed to come across an endless supply of SAOS 10 year 110 str also here which I'm highly excited about but I have a feeling once connoisseurs catch on that will go much quicker.  I think I've been through about 3 bottles of SAOS 10 yr within the last month or so but have one stashed back that I'm not going to open for awhile.  The Bourbon market is booming, I'm looking for some Blantons SOTB for awhile now and cannot find it but I still haven't been looking that hard. 

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 0:21 AM, 0895 said:

103 proof Blanton's Gold from Europe.  Ship it in 2 bottles at a time.

I no longer buy the 93p American version anymore...:wacko:

Yes, it is that much better (to me at least).

IMAG1723[1].jpg

IMAG1722[1].jpg

That's a beaut!

Since it was brought up, and I do not know the answer to this...What is the difference between all the Blanton's?  There seems to be the original we are all familiar with.  Then there is:

• Straight from the barrel
  • Gold Edition
  • Silver edition
  • Private reserve
  • Special Reserve
  • Paris Edition

What are the differences?  Which are normally available in the US?  Just curious.  Any sites that will ship the European versions to the US?

Just more curiosity  than anything else. 

I did a little research. Only four variations are listed on the Blanton's website. I've marked these with an asterisk. AFAIK, only the Original Single Barrel is available here in the US. As per the Blanton's website, the other three are only available in international markets and duty free stores. I also have labels from two other variations not listed on the Blanton's website. These are 750 mls, and I have no clue as to their previous and/or current availability.  I'm including a pic of the four labels I have. Sorry about the quality of the pic. The foil label made it a bit tough to get a good pic. A few odd things about these labels. The brown/tan label I have, which is normally the US version, is actually from a 70 cl bottling, indicating an international version. The silver and black labels are from 750 mls, which should mean domestic bottlings. :huh: Many years ago, courtesy of a fellow sber, I was fortunate enough to obtain small sample bottles of all six Blanton's variations. I wish that I'd have taken some notes back then.

SFTB*- Special Label, Barrel proof

Gold*- Clear Label, 103 proof

Special Reserve*- Green Label, 80 proof

Original Single Barrel*-Brown/Tan, Label 93 proof

Not listed on the Blanton's website

Silver Label-98 proof

Black Label-80 proof

Cheers! Joe

blantons.jpeg

Well, you either have to travel overseas, or know someone who is and would be willing to grab a bottle for you. 

There are a few reputable sites that will ship from the UK to US.  Last I checked SFTB was out of stock.  Shipping will run you $25+ per bottle.

On 1/19/2017 at 0:53 PM, jvd99 said:

I doubt we'll ever get these released in the US, but maybe they should consider a BTAC version, that would be cool.

It would only be cool for about 2 seconds until you and I both realized that we couldn't ever get it again because of the flippers... :)

15 minutes ago, 0895 said:

It would only be cool for about 2 seconds until you and I both realized that we couldn't ever get it again because of the flippers... :)

If you don't have a solid enough relationship with a retailer that you can get a bottle from, perhaps flippers would be the only way you could get one...:unsure:

16 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

If you don't have a solid enough relationship with a retailer that you can get a bottle from, perhaps flippers would be the only way you could get one...:unsure:

I'm certainly open to your advice on how to form a solid personal relationship with the company I order euro-blantons from in Europe???

I'm not flying over there in person every week... :)  that's money I could use for more whiskey.

54 minutes ago, 0895 said:

:)  that's money I could use for more whiskey.

Ha!  Indeed!  :lol:

On 1/21/2017 at 6:17 PM, Harry in WashDC said:

Bag? BAAAGGGG????  I don't need no stinking bag

with my bourbon.  Unless I'm sitting curbside, of course.B)

:lol::lol::lol: It seems like the boxed and bagged bottles go before the "naked" bottles.  I prefer the bottles on the shelf with the fishnet stocking on it!  I want to see the letter so I can finish my collection.

2 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

:lol::lol::lol: It seems like the boxed and bagged bottles go before the "naked" bottles.  I prefer the bottles on the shelf with the fishnet stocking on it!  I want to see the letter so I can finish my collection.

I like the fishnet if only because I am clumsy.  I save all fishnet and put in on new, naked bottles so they don't clink.  This is especially helpful since some bottles MUST remaining the car trunk (well, in the storage tray under the rear cargo area - traded in the sedan for a midsized SUV) until space in the house opens up, and I want to be sure my wife doesn't hear the clinking - domestic tranquillity being the goal.:rolleyes:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.