Rittenhouse Rye Label / Age Question

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have seen a few bottles of the Rittenhouse stranded on a few shelves today that have this slightly older label.  I saw that it was Diistilled at DSP KY 1, and Bottled at DSP KY 31... So I understand this is not the rye made post-fire at DSP KY 354.  But I wonder if anyone who is a regular drinker of Rittenhouse would hazard an opinion on whether the juice in these slightly older bottles is different from the ones we see regularly on the shelves today.  Thanks for any info or opinions!

rittenhouse .jpg

I haven't detected any noticeable shift since they changed the label. That bottle's only maybe 3 or 4 years old after all.

I have had both the old label and new label DSP-1. I can't tell a difference. Same distillery and same mashbill. There may be very slight variations year to year but it's a large batched product so those differences should be minimal. Ritt at $20 or less is a workhorse for cocktails. One of my favorites. But the difference for me is that I don't like the DSP-1 neat like I did the DSP-354. 

Thanks to all for the replies -- most appreciated.  Will let the "not that old" bottles remain where they are, and keep my eyes open for the 354.  Not expecting to find any, but you never know...

s.l.

If you check out the rye section of this site, there was a thread on all this.  This is just my impression, but the DSP 1 Ritt BIB seemed a bit better after they went to the new label.

You may find some DSP 354.  It's good; has a bit of that Old Forester house style.

Really, old or new label - they're all pretty good. 

3 hours ago, PaulO said:

If you check out the rye section of this site, there was a thread on all this.  This is just my impression, but the DSP 1 Ritt BIB seemed a bit better after they went to the new label.

You may find some DSP 354.  It's good; has a bit of that Old Forester house style.

Really, old or new label - they're all pretty good. 

I am with Paul and Eric on this one.  Both are good and I couldn't tell the difference.  

5 hours ago, Steve L said:

Thanks to all for the replies -- most appreciated.  Will let the "not that old" bottles remain where they are, and keep my eyes open for the 354.  Not expecting to find any, but you never know...

s.l.

I found a bottle of the 354 a few weeks ago. They're out there. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.