What Happened to the "Old's"?

musekatcher
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

If it's any solace, the boy's over at Glenn's Creek did name their still 'Dr. Crowe' (they can get away with that, and I think it's pretty damn appropriate)![emoji3] 

I may need to drive to Glenn's Creek and buy a bottle of OCD #5, since they are trying to honor the regal heritage of Old Crow.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

I may need to drive to Glenn's Creek and buy a bottle of OCD #5, since they are trying to honor the regal heritage of Old Crow.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

They treat (most) visitors pretty well.  BTW, you can pick it up in town, but it's well worth the short drive for the scenery (and history lesson). 

1 minute ago, Paddy said:

They treat (most) visitors pretty well.  BTW, you can pick it up in town, but it's well worth the short drive for the scenery (and history lesson). 

I certainly want the history lesson and the scenery. 

I love those who are passionate about honoring Bourbon's past. I am pretty stoked for the James E. Pepper distillery to get reopened and to start honoring Lexington's distillery history.

A buddy and me were planning to journey to Wild Turkey's Distillery this weekend. I think we need to look into adding Glenn's Creek too.

On 2/20/2017 at 10:46 AM, smokinjoe said:

Old Crow gone away?  If Beam's not careful, this could backfire on them and create a lot of goodwill in the enthusiast community...  

Just saw this.  STILL LOL.

• 2 years later...

Somebody needs to bring Old Crow back to its Glory days. Look at what Luxco did with Rebel Yell bringing back single Barrel 10 year. Just tried National Distillers OC for the first time. Crazy Maple Syrup notes for a 4 year 80 proof.

IMG_20191229_140935117_BURST001.jpg

All you taters would pay $25 a POUR if they put Old Crow 2.0 in a fancy 375ml bottle and called it Double Crow, Very Scarce!!!

• I like it 1

4 minutes ago, The Black Tot said:

All you taters would pay $25 a POUR if they put Old Crow 2.0 in a fancy 375ml bottle and called it Double Crow, Very Scarce!!!

'VERY Old Crow' . . . or 'Oldest Crow' . . . which to top that would be 'Dead Crow Limited Edition' :lol:

• I like it 1

4 minutes ago, GaryT said:

'VERY Old Crow' . . . or 'Oldest Crow' . . . which to top that would be 'Dead Crow Limited Edition' :lol:

They could rebrand it for the hipster market and call it  CrŌ

Fred could select one and call it Noe Crow

Or if they want to keep moving it down shelf, there's always  Cro' Momma

• I like it 2

57 minutes ago, The Black Tot said:

They could rebrand it for the hipster market and call it  CrŌ

Fred could select one and call it Noe Crow

Or if they want to keep moving it down shelf, there's always  Cro' Momma

Dehydrate it and call it, "Eat Crow".  AND!! My Dad used to drink this, so when I came "of age", this is what we drank together.  If I hadn't been drinking with my Dad, I'd have spit it out.  RANK! even back then.?

• I like it 1

Those of you who lived within AM radio range of Cincinnati back in the 90's will remember the 700WLW radio personality Gary Burbank who had many hilarious characters he reprised over the years. He had one character, I don't remember which one, who would gather up unfinished whiskey glasses after the bar closed and would combine them into a proper pour and give them a new name. (He was blending way ahead of his time!)

I distinctly remember one where he had some Old Grandad and some Old Crow. After combining them he said (in old man redneck voice) "I call this one Old.....Old."

Beam is passing up an amazing opportunity if they don't do this one.

• I like it 2

A bit of useless trivia to tie-in to the conversation. Back in pre-prohibition times "Old" on the label was supposed to denote a whiskey aged to full maturity

• I like it 2

On 1/2/2020 at 7:05 AM, Old Hippie said:

A bit of useless trivia to tie-in to the conversation. Back in pre-prohibition times "Old" on the label was supposed to denote a whiskey aged to full maturity

Not pre-pro, but your post made me think of this magazine ad I have from 1943 that National Distillers put out. Four out of five are "Old's".

ND1.jpg

ND2.jpg

• I like it 5

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.