International Hunting

Jkersh
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 3/13/2017 at 6:57 AM, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

Any special releases by Woodford Reserve, Jackie D, and Bulleit? How are the prices?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

No 27 is all I have seen.  Headed to Taiwan and Japan today so should make for better options. 

IMG_3493.JPG

11 hours ago, Knocksville10 said:

Any idea which of these are available in England? I have a couple of friends over that way that I'll be sending my list to. Thanks!

Hardly any. Take a look on The Whiskey Exchange/Master of Malt for a good representation of what we have. And their 'respective' prices... 

If you have concerns about the corks coming loose in transit which can happen since that really isn't a wax - try a zip tie across the stopper under the horse's belly then wrap another around the neck of the bottle catching the ends of the other zip tie.  Hard to visualize but I've seen it in a picture where someone brought it back from Europe and it traveled well.  The zip tie over the stopper isn't "zipped" the other is and tight enough to hold the first one in place

On 3/18/2017 at 7:47 AM, Knocksville10 said:

Any idea which of these are available in England? I have a couple of friends over that way that I'll be sending my list to. Thanks!

I think only Blanton's Green, Gold and SFTB are available in England. 

You can check https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/ for what is available in the UK. 

10 hours ago, Jkersh said:

Found a stock pile of these...now how to get them home...

IMG_3564.JPG

I've moved lots of bottles of blanton's between continents. I've had some wax dry out in transit, but never a leak. There don't look in the best condition, but just place each one in it's own zip lock and I don't think you have much to worry about. 

• 3 weeks later...

I am currently sitting in the Hong Kong airport and the only thing good I have seen in the duty free shop is MMCS. It was not a deal at equivalent to 65 usd. I didn't see much else other than some rare looking scotch offerings. I was also in Beijing and Kuala Lumpur airports and found the case to be the same. Never made it out of those airports to see other options beyond that. I was hoping I may come across something unusual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@mfly86
How was their selection of Asian single malts (Kavalan, Yamazaki)?

I am not much of a single malt guy. I just remember seeing some bottles in the 100,000 to 1,000,000 HKD range. Who's at 7 to 1 exchange rate is still very steep.

5 minutes ago, mfly86 said:

I am not much of a single malt guy. I just remember seeing some bottles in the 100,000 to 1,000,000 HKD range. Who's at 7 to 1 exchange rate is still very steep.

Holy shit that's high! Lol! 

Holy shit that's high! Lol! 

Ha yeah makes me not feel so bad about a 40-60 dollar bottle of bourbon.

Just got back from my international trip to south east Asia and am enjoying some MMCS and some OWA.

10 hours ago, mfly86 said:

Just got back from my international trip to south east Asia and am enjoying some MMCS and some OWA.

Nice! The best airport selection I have found is Taipei. From my trip. I found all my whiskey in Taiwan. Minimal luck in Japan aside from WT8 and IW Harper 12.  Hong Kong, Kowloon, and new territories  were stupid expensive. 

Didnt trust anything in Vietnam... 

Nice! The best airport selection I have found is Taipei. From my trip. I found all my whiskey in Taiwan. Minimal luck in Japan aside from WT8 and IW Harper 12.  Hong Kong, Kowloon, and new territories  were stupid expensive. 

Didnt trust anything in Vietnam... 

Yeah that's some good notes for future trips. Hong Kong was really expensive. That is where I saw the million HKD bottle.

I have a relative traveling to Barcelona, Spain. Anything of note available there?

5 hours ago, Bbstout said:

I have a relative traveling to Barcelona, Spain. Anything of note available there?

'Fair Spanish Ladies'... I'm told; but they're not for sale ... at least not for export, I imagine.

5 hours ago, Bbstout said:

Might want to pick up some Spanish Fly.  I hear the 'Fair Spanish Ladies" like it.:D

Just got back from London today. Lots of Blantons Gold and SFTB and silver(to nervous to transport the silver home though). Lots of EC- 12 and BP. I found this in the city. The Duty free shop at Heathrow sucks. I saw nothing interesting there. They also have a dedicated whiskey shop there with the same bourbon as the Duty free shop. A whole aisle of JD and KC . Some JB but nothing unavailable in the states.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.