Anyone here total wine grand reserve members? Btac? Pappy?

Broncophil
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

23 hours ago, The Black Tot said:

Goose egg in 2017 means they get no 2017 Pappy or BTAC. Zero allocation. They'll have to try again next year.

Yes the Spec's lobby is that strong.

Stores can be creative to come up with ways to make it look like they won't get any off that stuff to get us off their back.  I call horse hockey on that rumor.  But I could be wrong.

14 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Please let me know if TW declares war on Spec's in Texas

I think they already did by entering the market.  It's on.

11 hours ago, Kepler said:

I think they already did by entering the market.  It's on.

True, but when your distant family members also own the distribution, it's kind of off.

17 hours ago, Kepler said:

Stores can be creative to come up with ways to make it look like they won't get any off that stuff to get us off their back.  I call horse hockey on that rumor.  But I could be wrong.

This is plausible for sure.  Last year, for several weeks in a row, multiple Binny's locations gave the same stock answer, "it came in last week and its all gone."  Whether it actually landed or not was irrelevant.  I think they were just fed up on a corporate level with all the madness and they could care less about walk in hunters.  In reality every bottle was likely spoken for long before arriving in stores.  Lesson:  If you don't know for certain you're getting a bottle beforehand, chances are you'l never see one or be given even a scintilla of acknowledgement of their existence.  I've completely given up on cracking Binny's for LE's.  

9 hours ago, The Black Tot said:

True, but when your distant family members also own the distribution, it's kind of off.

so the Spec's family has family ties to the distributors owners?

Anyone who proves that Total Wine got an allocation in Texas is welcome to dispute my reporting. Just saying that it might be hogwash is empty rhetoric unless you got a bottle from a Total Wine in Texas.

It's not my job to prove it to you, I'm just telling you what they told me. And I expect they are right.

I am not an investigative journalist, but I have read from people who know way more than I that the Spec's family runs deep in Texas, and only narrowly passes the requirements of degree of family separation between distribution and retail. Any more than that, google is your friend.

• I like it 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/5/2017 at 6:03 PM, The Black Tot said:

Anyone who proves that Total Wine got an allocation in Texas is welcome to dispute my reporting. Just saying that it might be hogwash is empty rhetoric unless you got a bottle from a Total Wine in Texas.

It's not my job to prove it to you, I'm just telling you what they told me. And I expect they are right.

I am not an investigative journalist, but I have read from people who know way more than I that the Spec's family runs deep in Texas, and only narrowly passes the requirements of degree of family separation between distribution and retail. Any more than that, google is your friend.

Hi everyone! I can confirm that Total Wine in TX got an allocation. Dallas and San Antonio for sure.

I just joined this forum because my husband loves pappy's and I randomly got an email from Total Wine Concierge offering access to this years release. After doing some googling I realized that pappy's is something very special and decided to buy a bottle for my husband for Christmas. I wanted to get the 23 year, but it was sold out by the time I placed my order. I think it was ~$400. I bought a bottle of the 20 year, which was $199.

To those who are participating in the TX Total Wine release - Does anyone know when the bottles will be available for pickup? They said "2-4 weeks" a week ago when I placed the order.

Thank you!

^Interesting indeed! Thanks for the information. I'm almost at there top tier. There selection has been terrible the past few months but if I can get the Pappiez next year I'm going to get those last few points.

• 10 months later...

Just to be clear, it's 25,000 points at 10 point, so if it was straight up it would be $2500.  But there are plenty of times where TW&M offers double points for certain bottles.  I've bought a lot of bottles that way, and just reached grand reserve and I spent less than $2500.  Now to see if anything comes from it...

5 hours ago, Jav said:

Just to be clear, it's 25,000 points at 10 point, so if it was straight up it would be $2500.  But there are plenty of times where TW&M offers double points for certain bottles.  I've bought a lot of bottles that way, and just reached grand reserve and I spent less than $2500.  Now to see if anything comes from it...

Normally you need to hit GR at least a couple months before they start doing the pappy btac releases.  

5 hours ago, Clueby said:

Still not available in Missouri.

I saw on reddit someone in Washington already has bought. I’m in California and no email. So that’s weird. 

44 minutes ago, Broncophil said:

I saw on reddit someone in Washington already has bought. I’m in California and no email. So that’s weird. 

I meant the whole reward program is not available here. They hold their allocations of Pappy and BTAC for a June lottery.

2 hours ago, Broncophil said:

Yes - Washington went today. I made a purchase. I'm pretty sure this is still 2017 product though.

One: the local distributor for btac/pvw released some product a few weeks ago from 2017 they had been holding back.

Two: Since 2013, btac/pvw hasn't hit our area until lat November to early December.

Three: a manager from a local TW told me that he knows they've been holding back product. (They being TW).

I'll know for sure when the product arrives. 

• I like it 1

15 hours ago, Broncophil said:

Don't think it's hit CA yet.  Historically we've gotten distro later like mid November to early December.  

19 hours ago, Clueby said:

I meant the whole reward program is not available here. They hold their allocations of Pappy and BTAC for a June lottery.

Just learned tonight that it is now available in Missouri starting in October...so...maybe next year. Don't know what that will mean for the lottery they usually hold.

We'll see if the Texas allocations are ganked by Spec's and on premise again this year.

I'm pretty shocked that a volume buyer like TW can't assert itself and get a lone star allocation.

We'll see if the Texas allocations are ganked by Spec's and on premise again this year.

I'm pretty shocked that a volume buyer like TW can't assert itself and get a lone star allocation.

I got a ORVW10 from goody goody last year and was like 5th to be called for the store I entered in their lottery. Had I known what I was doing at that time I would have requested the WLW that was still available.

I shifted the majority of my spend to Specs this year. We shall see.

8 hours ago, mattbta said:

I shifted the majority of my spend to Specs this year. We shall see.

I think your chances were quite a lot better with Goody Goody. But obviously I wish you the very best of luck.

TOTAL WINE YOU SUCK

TWO YEARS IN A ROW YOU MAKE ME GO IN LATE TO WORK ONLY FOR IT BE RESCHUDLED DUE TO YOUR SYSTEM CRASHING...YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME

1 hour ago, Broncophil said:

TOTAL WINE YOU SUCK

TWO YEARS IN A ROW YOU MAKE ME GO IN LATE TO WORK ONLY FOR IT BE RESCHUDLED DUE TO YOUR SYSTEM CRASHING...YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME

For what to be rescheduled?

I thought I'd get it this year until I found out the states I shopped in don't participate in the loyalty program.  Spent over $3K at Total Wine stocking my wedding bars thinking it might help come fall release time, but nope, no such luck.

10 hours ago, Doug007 said:

For what to be rescheduled?

what this thread is about.. the total wine annual pappy btac sale for grand reserve members 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.