Glengoyne 25 yr

BigPapa
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Has anyone tried Glengoyne 25 yr and is it worth seeking out and purchasing?

What price should I look for ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not had the 25 that I can recollect. I have had some younger versions and was able to go there on my trip to Scotland a while back. Lovely place! I liked everything I had but 18yo was probably the oldest. Most everything is sherry matured as I recall. Had a cask strength sherry cask of Glengoyne that was aged in Campbeltown by Cadenhead for about 14 years. Delightful!

These days if you can even find the 25yo I think you probably should expect to pay in excess of $250 for a bottle. Sadly it could be a lot more with the way prices have gone up of late.

If I recall correctly, the general consensus has been that it is a significant quality leap over the 21, but the price bump is a bit hard to swallow.  I've been meaning to try the 18, but honestly I'd rather try it in a bar or via a sample than buy an entire bottle.  

Edited by garbanzobean
Grammar

I bet it will cost $250 - $300.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

When I was there five years ago they had miniatures of the 21 year for sale in the gift shop. I'm going to be back in that area in May, I should stop by to see if they have any 25 year miniatures.

• 1 month later...

Having heard good things about the Glengoyne 25, I have actually been looking for it.  No luck so far.  I have only found younger versions so far.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.